Lug nut size on my PUP

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by PopUpLarge, Jul 11, 2018.

1. PopUpLarge

PopUpLarge New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    The camper I just got (1991 Viking 180) has larger than what I consider "normal" nuts on the lugs. They're either 13/16 or 15/16 instead of the 3/4 nuts I'm used to. Also, they're standard nuts, not actual lug nuts, so the threads of the lugs are exposed. Can I just use standard sized lug nuts? I have a bunch from my Jeep and they will thread on to the lugs.

2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

The ones on the pup are probably not correct.

3. PopUpLarge

PopUpLarge New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    That's what I'm guessing. This was clearly fixed up a bunch of years ago. You think I can swap standard automotive 3/4th lugnuts? I can't imagine why not as long as they get proper torque.

4. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    AS long as the seats match the wheel and thread size is the same, you can swap

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Ditto watch the seats maybe different between mag and steel rims. Clean the threads and a "little anti seize" maybe a good idea. Cleaning the treads on the nut and stud is important because if the stud goes into dirty/rusty part of the lug nut in could not tighten completely or even break the stud.