MA: Salisbury Beach State Res, Fri 6/8-Sun 6/10 :note corrected dates

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by NH-popper, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

Mar 10, 2010
    I have the right dates as well.

2. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010
    A couple of more folks and this is an office rally but official or not it'll be a lot of fun. Beach, town, and I suspect a seafood potluck. :). Join us for a great time for old and young alike.

3. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010
    Salisbury Beach is at the mouth of the Merrimack River. There's a lot to do right there, like relax on the beach, saltwater fish, or bike, but if you go a short distance away, across the river is Newburyport. This scenic town is much like it was 100 years ago and a fun place to visit. Also in Newburyport is Parker River National Wildlife Refuge on Plum Island, which has some nice trails to walk. Just north is Hampton Beach, NH with its old school street of arcades and beach shops fronting newly renovated Hampton Beach State Park. Beyond that is scenic Route 1A which winds right along the edge of the coast to Portsmouth, a happening little city.

So, there's lots to do if you go to this rally, and if you want, you don't have to do any of it! :) I hope you can join us for this fun get together.

4. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010
    Less than two weeks before the beachside rally on the shore of Massachusetts, just over the NH border! this is a fun area with a lot to do even when it's raining. Check out details in the first post of the thread, we hope you'll join us. :)

5. smellott

smellott Livin' in NH but a WV Mountaineer for life

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    So, let's talk pot luck dinner Saturday evening ........what say you'll?

I can do either a shrimp dish or pulled pork. Might also do a dessert.

6. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010
    Seafood does make sense, and that's my department in the family. Let me look up some recipes. I have a hankering for linguine with clam sauce...

7. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010
    One week to go, folks! There must be some campers in MA or NH with a free weekend who'd like to camp with us. C'mon down (or up, or over), you won't regret it. It's a fun place in a fun area.

8. smellott

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    Ok it looks like we'll be doing shrimp creole with rice. We'll also be taking a crack at making some hush puppies . . . . like the NE seafood but love the LA and southern style. :)

9. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Mar 25, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I'm not sure yet, but will follow the seafood theme.

10. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010
    The weather's looking good this weekend so there's still time to make a last minute reservation and join us for this fun rally! Better late than never!

As for me, work is interfering - I'll get there myself with the PUP Friday afternoon (tomorrow), set up, then off to work at around 530pm til whenever Friday night. My family however will drive down and on their own and be there about the time I leave, so at least they'll get to enjoy the meet & greet! Too bad Salisbury doesn't have wifi...

11. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Mar 25, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Yes, we too will setup and I'll be off to work a few hours myself, but Emily will either come in her own car or just hang out until I return.

12. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

Have a great weekend. Remember who predicted the weather.... [;)]

13. DanielL

DanielL Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Wakefield, Mass.
    Wish we could be there with THE "official" Mass. popup, but alas prior commitments were already scheduled. If I can get away to stop by for a visit, I will do so.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

14. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010
    The NH-Popper family had a great time this weekend! Great weather and terrific food at the potluck, and we avoided burning the place down using the sub-par firepit! [:D] Thanks to those who came out. The back end of the campground proved quieter and that made it a much more fun time.

15. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Mar 25, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Was really a great weekend, Emily enjoyed it so much we may look into spending a week there at some point down the road.

16. smellott

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    We had a great time as well . . . . wished the kids were out of school. We would have stayed a few extra days. It was a good initial trip for the new rig with the exception upon return home, the A frame jack failed. It was a cheap manual jack . . . I had already planned to replace it with an electric jack . . . just accelerated the timing of that mod . . . . it's now on order for delivery Friday. Sweet!

I dumped my camera this morning up to Picasa. Have not had time to weed through and get rid of dupes yet. Didn't get around to taking any pics during the potluck as the food was so good, I totally forgot. [:D]

https://picasaweb.google.com/102219333103200034370/CampingSalisburyBeach2012

I agree with Mike about camping in the back of the campground this year . . . . much quieter except for the party barge that came up the river Saturday night.

Looking forward to the next trip . . . . Skyline Drive!

17. Aunt Ness

Aunt Ness Member

May 13, 2012
    I'm considering this campground for summer camping. What are some good sites? Some of you mentioned the "back of the campground" which section would that be?
    Thanks.

18. smellott

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    The campground is made up of lettered rows with each camp site being numbered from 1 to over 50 depending upon the row. What we consider the back part of the campground is the upper letters/low numbers. My site was H06 this past weekend and the others were a couple isles over on the X isle. It's furthest away from the beach/river. You just need to walk a bit further. The reason we went to this part of the campground was last year, we were close to the beach and had some neighbors that were not very "neighborly". Even though the rules of the CG state no alcohol, that doesn't stop people from abusing it and act accordingly.

I had one neighbor to the backside of my camper but none to my other side. Everyone around us was friendly and considerate. We heard some folks while checking in Friday that wanted to move to another part of the CG to get away from loud neighbors.

Here's a map of the CG. I've circled the area that we stayed in and consider the back:
    [SIZE=78%]

Good luck and have fun . . . if you under 25 feet, try to get into site X2 as it has some trees for cover.

NHeer[/SIZE]

19. Aunt Ness

Aunt Ness Member

May 13, 2012
    Thanx NHeer! I really appreciate your info. Nothing ruins a great camping trip like unfriendly neighbors. We are tenting it for now and any sites with shade that we can get into are great. Thanks again.

20. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010
    Aunt Ness, make that X3, the site I was on. X2 is across the way and a triangular site abutting the road at the end of the row. X1 abuts the road too but is bigger and has some shade too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.