Made the crossover to the dark side

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by cs1984, May 17, 2017.

1. cs1984

cs1984 New Member

Mar 7, 2016
    We have really enjoyed our PUP the year we have owned it but setting up twice in a thunderstorm and wanting the ability to be able to go on longer trips with overnight boondocking at truck stops/wally world had us looking for a new rig.

We went to campingworld (biggest mistake ever and will never go to another one) and found a floorplan we liked but had such horrible service and they nickel and dime you for everything there (charge for battery, inspection fee, delivery fee and horrible trade value). So we went to a local dealer and found the same trailer at much cheaper price and they gave us $1600 more for our trade and included a free battery, lol. The unit we chose is a 2017 StarCraft Comet Mini 18DS with the rear kitchen, tons of storage and easily towable. We pick it up on June 9th!

We did get the PUP out for her last voyage last weekend though and it was really perfect. Going to miss it but excited for new adventures.

russellhoff and bob barnes like this.
  2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    Welcome to the Darkside..

3. Ductape

Ductape Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Congratulations !

Can't wait to see some pics.

4. bsandey

bsandey Member

Jun 9, 2005
    I, too, just recently crossed over. I just picked mine up this last Monday.

Nice rig! Maybe it's just me, but I see a lot of these mini and micro trailers more and more. Don't need a big TV to tow it with, and it's got everything you need. I'm sure you're going to be very happy with it!

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Welcome to the darkside - being able to continue to enjoy camping was our push into the dark.

6. cs1984

cs1984 New Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Thanks everybody, I will post some pics for sure once we pick her up.

7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Congrats on the new unit. I know you will really enjoy the added benefits of the dark side.
    Now the mods will start so you can "make it your own" Happy camping

8. bob barnes

bob barnes Active Member

Mar 26, 2017
    I get so tired of huge dealers in everything they put the screws to anyone who deals with them!!

9. russellhoff

russellhoff New Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Henderson, NV
    Congrats! DW and I have been eyeballing the 18DS too. The floor plan looks perfect for us.