Maine Rally - Hemlock Grove Campground - August 7-9, 2015

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Davylee, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Maine Rally 7-9 August at Hemlock Grove Campground the web site is http://hemlockgrovecampground.com
    COST: Full hookups with wifi $52 Pop up/tent sites are $40 with 20 Amp electric and water hook ups.
    The campground is about 25 minutes to Old Orchard Beach and the same distance to Ogunquit. Pets are allowed (up to 2) with rabies certificate. Rates are based on 2 adults and 2 children. Group discount of 20% if we can get 8 or more sites. This is about a 3.5 hour trip from Hartford, CT for those trying to figure out travel time. Please check out the videos and photos on the website this is not your typical Southern Maine campground. There are nearby beaches in addition to the larger Old Orchard and Ogunquit beaches. Plenty of seafood restaurants' as well as places to go fishing/deep sea fishing, sea kayaking tours, trolley museum, Fun Parks, Water Parks and more. Check it out and let your interest reservation info be noted, the sooner we can get this rolling the better chance we will have of a larger group and sites still available. Reserve your site now. For those who want to make reservations CALL the owners at 207-985-0398 they are on their way to Florida but will take your information and deposit and then email a confirmation. Mention the pop up portal. They will try to keep us all in the same general area, so the sooner folks reserve the better chance that we will be grouped together.

Davylee

2. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Re: Maine Rally Interest

Maybe the first or second weekend of August we can do.

We used to cam in the Sebago Lake area.

Jerry in MA

3. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I like early August.

4. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013

August works for me too!

5. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Mar 25, 2009
    New Hampshire

I think we'd be interested, I've been wanting to go there. Flexible on the weekend except August 13-16.

6. Davylee

May 4, 2009
    Maine

Alright I will give the campground a call and see what we can do for the weekend of 7-9 August. Hopefully they will sweeten the prices a little [;)]

7. Davylee

May 4, 2009
    Maine

SO Acres of Wildlife is out. You cannot reserve until June 1st unless you are staying 7 nights apparently I picked the popular place. I'll keep looking.

8. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Southwest PA

Not that we were considering this but seeing that 7 day minimum on the ressies I checked out their policies. Evidently they have their ressie policies designed to maximize income. I would bet you have a lot of people make and pay for a 7 day reservation in order to get a weekend reservation early and they just eat the cost of the days they don't use, then the park gets to rent the site again on the unused days. A good business move on their part, but it really sucks. Notice you can reserve holiday weekends mostly anytime. It really turns me off when places play these games with the policies. Why not just increase the site prices? Stuff like this makes me avoid places.

Too bad you decided on early August because no matter where you end up in Maine I may have considered trying to tie it together with Mercmans Sept rally. I don't think I can take off 5 weeks in a row. Maine has been on the list for awhile.

9. vinmaker

vinmaker Member

Aug 22, 2014

I love Maine! I stay in the southern part every July. August gets full down there especially on the weekends. If we can do a weekday rally then we should be able to fit.

How many people could we realistically expect? 20-30 sites?

10. Davylee

May 4, 2009
    Maine

I have never been to a rally with 20-30 sites it is usually more like 6-14 as a normal amount. And a lot of the New England folks that go to rallies are not retired and are still working, so I don't believe a weekday rally would work to well. Southern Maine campgrounds charge high prices, $60 plus per night before you add in extra charges for kids or use of the AC. Most of the campgrounds would be happy to work with us out of the prime season, but again some campers have kids and would want to attend, and the lower rates are during the school year. Or in the fall which cannot happen due to the Fishermans Rally and Vermont Rally which are big draws.

11. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Is the beginning of October a possibility it works for me kinda like a last chance before it gets too cold.

12. Davylee

May 4, 2009
    Maine

Unfortunately I can't do the beginning of October (daughter is getting married 10/10) we will be too busy. I'll talk to some Maine CG's at the Springfield RV show and I have some emails out as well just waiting on responses.

13. Davylee

May 4, 2009
    Maine

Okay, found another campground that doesn't seem to be too bad. It is called Hemlock CG the web site is http://hemlockgrovecampground.com/ The RV Sites with full hook ups are $52 and the tent sites are $40 with 20 Amp electric and water hook ups. It is off Route 1 in Kennebunkport, so it is about 25 minutes to Old Orchard Beach and the same distance to Ogunquit. I have not personally visited the campground, pets are allowed (up to 2) with rabies certificate. Rates are based on 2 adults and 2 children. Group discount if we can get 8 or more sites. Looking at 7-9 August for this possible rally. The campground response to my inquiry is below. This is about a 3.5 hour trip from Hartford, CT for those trying to figure out travel time. Let's see if we can get the Rally ball rolling with this rally in Maine (last one was 3 years or so ago)

" Thank you for your interest in Hemlock Grove Campground. We can most certainly accommodate your group and would be glad to do so. Our full RV sites can accommodate any size trailer as well as pop-ups. Our pop ┬ľup sites have water and 20 amp power to them. Our rates cover two adults and 2 children that are 12 under. Any additional people would be $10.00 per night per person and pets are free. No more than 2 pets per site. The State of Maine is now requiring all pet owners to have their rabies certificates with them while traveling. Our indoor rec-hall holds about 150 people and has a full kitchen tables and chairs and restrooms. We can book it out for your group for a dinner and or meeting at no additional fee. We also offer group discounts to groups booking 8 or more sites. "

14. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

Oct 25, 2012

sounds promising.

Jerry in MA

15. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

Looks nice Dave.
    Hopefully, we'd be able to attend.

16. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013

I would most definitely try to go to this rally Dave!

17. Davylee

May 4, 2009
    Maine

Check out the videos of this campground at http://hemlockgrovecampground.com Also check out the pictures, this is not your typical Southern Maine campground where you can look right into your neighbors camper, these sites are larger. There are nearby beaches in addition to the larger Old Orchard and Ogunquit beaches. Campground is also about halfway between Portland and Kittery for those who want to shop. There are nearby towns with plenty of seafood restaurants' as well as places to go fishing/deep sea fishing, sea kayaking tours, trolley museum, Fun Parks, Water Parks and more. Check it out and let your interest be noted, the sooner we can get this rolling the better chance we will have of a larger group and sites still available. Come sea Southern Maine, stay for the weekend or the week if you like.

18. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania

Why do you have to have these so far away from me? That looks like a really nice campground.

19. Davylee

May 4, 2009
    Maine

To keep you Pennsylvania people "away" from Maine LOL Don't sweat it, you are already going to the VT Rally, one trip to New England is enough. Just like my 1 trip to MD/PA is enough [;)]

20. RMAN4443

RMAN4443 Member

Jun 5, 2014

Dave, Iwould be interested in an August rally in maine.
    I do agree with NhCaveman on the 13-16 date....that is the weekend of the White Mountain Boogie and Blues Festival in Thornton NH.
    Any of you blues lovers out there should check it out 3 days and nights of great music. Multiple bands play ,Camping, Cooking ,and some great new friends. A truly all ages weekend full of fun and music for all. This will be my tenth year attending and looking forward to many more.....I guess you could call it the highlight of my summer. [:)C]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.