Maine Rally - Hemlock Grove Campground - August 7-9, 2015

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Davylee, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013

I'll second this.

This just isn't an area for early risers. Shrug it off and have a good time !

2. AngryScientist

AngryScientist New Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Here are some photos of the potluck dinner! I really had a good time, and everyone I met was full of good stories and advice.

[​IMG]
    The food table, inside the community center.

[​IMG] People eating the aforementioned food.

[​IMG]Full 360 deg photo of the rec hall and playground.

[​IMG] More munching at the rec hall.

3. Melanie Binnall

Melanie Binnall Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Thank You one and all - great rally.

We net new friends and got reacquainted with old ones. The pot luck was fabulous!!

Great Job Dave & Deb!!

Melanie and Brian Binnall

4. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    It was a great rally! Nice to put a face to the name Melanie. Hope everyone has a safe trip home, we are here until tomorrow. Great job Dave and Deb! See you in VT!

5. AngryScientist

Apr 30, 2015
    We are also staying until tomorrow, drive safe everyone!

6. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Mar 25, 2009
    New Hampshire
    We're home and all unpacked, even stopped at the dealership to pick up Emily's car along the way.
    It's nice when you can coordinate your errands like that.
    Enjoy the extra day folks
    Thanks Dave and Deb this was a nice weekend.

7. AngryScientist

Apr 30, 2015
    I just saw someone from the rally waiting in line near a bridge, "Dave's Eats" or something! Small world!

8. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Thank you everyone for coming. Next years dates are 5-7 August, at the same campground. Reservations can be made about mid September. The campground was nice, sites were shady. The campground does have rules but no different than any other campground. The owners went out of there way to make the group welcome and accommodate our group and activities including free use of the recreation hall. Safe travels and I hope everyone has a good trip home.

9. vinmaker

vinmaker Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Glad everything went well. Please post some more pics everyone.

I will try to make it next year. I might go alone if I cannot get the whole family corralled.

Vin.

10. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I just want to say thanks to very one. The DW was a bit skeptical about "going to the woods and hanging out with a bunch of people I met on the internet". She enjoyed meeting everyone and we are looking forward to Vermont.

11. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    That would be me! Was waiting at Red's Eats, famous lobster roll, but the 1.5hr wait
    Put a damper on that lol.

12. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    Great rally, thank you Dave for running this, we had a great time! Very strange that nobody can use the dump station, but it just means I will get a full hookup site next year.

Thank you also to nhCaveman, Shelmily, and Dave (and whoever else was involved) for seeing that I wouldn't fit into the site they had me set up for, and swapping sites around to accommodate. That really made a difference in our stay, because we had been driving for 4hours, 2 of which with screaming babies! Can't thank you guys enough for that, especially nhCaveman!

13. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    They don't have a dump station?

14. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    They do, but the owner said that while it is mandated that they have it, nobody is to use it without paying a fee. But, gray water from campers in the water/electric sites is okay.

I'll just book a sewer site next year... This was a great stop over for us on our way to vacation, and I was able to meet some new and not so new members, win win!

The Rec haul was great, and the grounds are extremely well kept.

15. Ductape

Jun 12, 2013
    Thanks Dave for putting this weekend together !

We had a great time. The pot luck was definitely the highlight of the weekend. Next year we will try to sneak in an extra day there.

There were a couple members whom I didn't get a chance to speak to one on one... I apologize. I had to do some touristy stuff away from the campground while we were there. To those we met, it was great to finally put a face to the screen name.

We hope to see many of you again in Vermont.

16. AngryScientist

Apr 30, 2015
    I was about to say, I had been dumping my grey water there under the assumption that it was functional as there was no lockouts indicating anything to the contrary...

Where am I going to dump my Thetford?

This campground sure has a lot of rules That are either not posted or not consolidated.

17. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    We finally made it home last night, after 9 1/2 hours of driving. Why everyone in the northeast decided to go out and drive yesterday is beyond me. [LOL].

We all had a great time, and despite the drive, will be back next year. Thanks to Dave and Deb for putting it on. It was great seeing old friends and meeting some new people too. To anyone I didn't get to say goodbye to, I apologize. We had a long drive ahead of us and got out of there early.

Ductape, I didn't get a chance to talk to you, and just wanted to let you know, I was in Ogunquit without your permission [LOL], and although it looks like a nice town, you can keep that main intersection. What a nightmare!

Here are a few pictures I took.

Our site...
    [​IMG]

The Bush compound...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cape Porpoise Lighthouse...
    [​IMG]

Not the best picture, but they wanted a picture with a moose. It was the only one we saw. [LOL]
    [​IMG]

18. Ductape

Jun 12, 2013
    Ogunquit can be quite a spectacle. I was concerned that once you spent an hour in Ogunquit you would be bored with the campground and not make it back. [:D]

We missed the meet n greet at Dave's Friday because my wife promised me an early birthday dinner @ Mikes Clam Shack (one of my favorite places to eat) down in Wells that night. Trying to get my wife to commit to the Vermont rally, so hopefully we see you there.

19. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Try very hard. The Vermont rally is a great one. We are so glad it is back on. Hopefully we can meet up there.

20. soggydollar

soggydollar New Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Just wanted to thank Dave and everyone else for a great and memorable weekend. We had a lot of fun meeting a terrific group of people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.