Make-A-Wish Jamboree: "Camping for the Kids"- Terryville, CT Sept 21-23, 2012

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by kmh1596, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    I will have more information for this rally as it is available to me, however I wanted to get it up here as a placeholder. I think we all know what Make-A-Wish represents, however I will have a write-up describing the great events, activities, and fun times for kids and adults alike, at this Rally.

Personally, we'll never miss a MAW Rally if we can avoid it--it's camping for one of the best causes, IMO--helping make wishes come true for Terminally Ill children.

Stand by for more details! [CP]

PDF Form for MAW

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

We haven't missed MAW in thirteen years. I don't think we'll miss this one...

3. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Jun 19, 2008
    Woodbridge, VA
    I know I keep saying that we are going to make this rally....and one year we shall. I hope it is this year.

4. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    That's a non working, non holiday weekend for me! (finally!)

Let us know when it's time to register...

5. kelbell1

kelbell1 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Naugatuck CT
    Thank You for posting!! We are a make a wish family. we recently went on a trip my daughter wished for. She fought a rare childhood cancer called Rhabdomyosarcoma last year!!!! Happily she has finished all chemo and looks great [:D]

This is an amazing cause and i will be ther to help support other make a wish families!!!!!!!!

6. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Commack, LI
    Have wanted to get to a MAW rally for a few years. Something else always came up, just graduating college, and hope to have a fresh new job by September, but I hope to make plans to be at his one!

7. smellott

smellott Livin' in NH but a WV Mountaineer for life

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    Just got the DD's marching band schedule for the fall football games . . . . looks like we'll finally be able to attend this rally. Pencil us in, hounds and all.

8. pasnowlady

pasnowlady Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Where is this held?

9. Storm Trooper

Lions Fairgrounds

10. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Jun 19, 2008
    Woodbridge, VA
    Do we have a registration form yet?

11. SteveM_CT

SteveM_CT Member

Jun 12, 2012
    You do now:
    http://www.ctfcrv.org/MAW_2012.pdf

I don't understand the fees. How do I figure how much to pay?

There's a line that says "fee minimum $85" and another to check off yes/no "$25 enclosed". It asks for the number of kids and adults, but doesn't say how much each costs.

Steve

12. Storm Trooper

For the past thirteen years, the suggested min fee (now $85) included, a spot to park your camper for the weekend and Dinner for 2 Sat night (has been bar-b-q chicken) and breakfast for 2 sun morning. Any additional people for the weekend are $10 for dinner and $6 each for breakfast.
    The $25 fee is if you want to arrive a day earlier on Thurs.
    Hope that helps. If you are going to be camping with the PopupPortal group, make sure you indicate it on the form and let us know here.thanks.

13. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    Hello all,

Unfortunately, I am not able to get onto PUP over the past months. :(. Too much life, not enough camping.

I wanted to touch base and get a headcount for who has registered, will be registering, as well as those who perhaps cannot make it.

Please update ASAP, so we can give them an idea of how many we have?

Thanks!

14. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    Due to the lack of interest, I am (regretfully) bowing out as Wagonmaster for this Rally. Perhaps next year PUP can have more of a presence at the MAW Jamboree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.