March 2017 - So, what did you do for your camper?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Boston
    Nothing for the Camper, but reservations made for 4 trips

2. Riveyman

Riveyman Member

Apr 15, 2014
    NC
    This month and the end of last month. We recovered the dinette cushions and replaced the folding sofa bed thing with a comfy couch like set up. And removed the mini blinds and added curtains. Still finishing up the bunk curtains. 2 down, 1 to go. (no pic yet)

Attached Files:

3. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Looks good riveyman !!

4. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Somewhere in Idaho
    I look at the foot of snow on top and wonder when it will go away for good. [:(] However, this weekend I have to clean it off and tow it to the other house.

5. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

Jul 3, 2008
    Iowa
    I just got mine back from the dealer. I had them install a new roof ac. We rarely used the one in our last pup, but when we needed it,i it was great. I have made reservations to camp in Missouri at the end of August to view the solar eclipse. Missouri in August seems like a combo that will require some cooling. I asked them to install a Dexter axle lift kit, but they seemed dumbfounded by the concept and quoted me $1200. I declined and will be doing that job myself.

6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    . Love the fabric! The colors go well with your cabinets too. Great job.

7. xZoomerZx

xZoomerZx Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Couch is reupholstered and installed. New throw pillows are made. All maintenance and upgrade items checked off my list! Only de-winterizing left until next month. Itching to take her out on her maiden voyage.
    Aladin Sane: lucky you! I cant find a single camping spot open in Mo for the eclipse weekend.

Attached Files:

8. cyndib

cyndib Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Arnold, Missouri
    Took ours out on the first camp of the year last weekend (just one night). Weather was great here in Missouri. Of course this weekend they're calling for snow. Next trip booked for March 31st. Plus booked three more trips. We purchased our NTU popup last August and are absolutely loving it. Good times!

9. candleems

candleems Member

Jul 12, 2006
    South Central PA
    Caulking all roof seams and a few other places. It is stripped and cleaned. Just waiting for the mineral spirits to dry to add the caulk. In the process of cleaning, I cracked the AC shroud. Ugh. So, I will be fixing that at some point in the next two weeks. Waiting on my new wheels and tires (picking them up this weekend). Then I can install them and push the PUP back against the wall of the garage. First trip in 2 weeks.

10. Jenkamus

Jenkamus Active Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Surprise, AZ
    My goal this month:

Seals:
    finish cleaning the roof trim pieces so I can reinstall and seal up the roof.
    install new vinyl tape over screws.
    Install new door seal.
    re-caulk around everything else.

Bedding:
    Install foam tiles under mattresses.
    Cut down foam toppers to fit mattresses.
    (attempt at making proper fitted sheets for the mattresses) - seamstress, I am not.
    complete all new bedding.

design new table.

install new wheel bearings (husband)
    install new tires (husband)

buy bal leveler and chock and portable toilet.

11. Dunce

Dunce New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Took out the pup for the first time in a couple months and realized quickly that I forgot to winterize it. In texas we don't get a whole lot of freezing weather, but the little we had this year was enough to bust some pipes open around the toilet and the sink.

Currently waiting on the delivery from amazon to come because we are going back out this next week for 6 days and I would like to have some water abilities while we're out.

12. JWeible

JWeible Member

May 11, 2015
    Spent most of last weekend working in the PUP. Cleaned all the canvas and patched a few tears in the screens, measured the windows for new curtains, found a few parts online we need to order, and hubby built a new storage cabinet to replace the ancient oven/stove combo we never used. Also, researching our options to decide if we should repair our surge brakes that have seized up or convert to electric.

13. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    Woke her up. She is in the driveway now.

14. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    Hmmm let's see...

1) replace water heater that previous owner didn't winterize properly at some point

2) replace break-away switch

3) build new battery platform on tongue

That's just a start of my list...

15. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

Jun 25, 2012
    Our PUP is still in storage until April 1st. Lately have been doing some dreaming. Hoping that we can fulfill our camping plans this summer, due to the fact that elderly parents have needed us a lot more lately. Now that granddaughter is getting closer to 3 years old, I hope we can have some camping time with her. she likes our "little house".

16. Tasmin

Tasmin New Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Mounted a 8ft long fence post (hollow pvc kind) across the front to store our outdoor rug + fishing poles. Finally figured out a bungee solution to keep the end caps on!

17. Fred cook

Fred cook Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Evansville indiana
    Painted all the cabinets,and walls. Putting in new floor and all new curtains. It is ready for next weekend and we are as well.

18. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Installed the new decal of the TT's name on the back. DH installed the fresh water drain extension. We may refine it after using it a time or two. Very simple, will post pics when we have our internet back on.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  19. lucky13don

lucky13don Member

Jul 13, 2016
    sf bay area
    Took it out for 2 days at a somewhat local state park.wife and I had a blast, kids not so much.I'll have to update that post.anyway, we got a good test of all systems and got some sun on her..

rerspain likes this.
  20. destinylgreen

destinylgreen New Member

Mar 4, 2017
    We we're just gifted a 2000 Coleman/Fleetwood Taos from my grandmother, currently in the works of a complete interior remodel. Painting cabinets, vinyl plank flooring, new countertops, new curtains and upholstery and we are also designing a new table. I spent the first few days scrubbing the canvas ridding it of all of (most of) the mildew and stains that plagued it. We also have to find the leak ( Im thinking the caulking on one of the corners. It seems a daunting task now, but I can't wait to be camping this summer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.