Mckinney Falls Texas 2018.7.9

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by phoodieman, Jul 10, 2018.

1. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    Took out the Yuma on a maiden voyage to test it out. Roof rebuild was a total success. Towed great, (McKinney is only 30 miles from the house so no big whoop). Had rain all day on Monday but we were high and dry. Popped up here at the house to let it dry out. Couldn't get the inside propane range to fire up. Set up here at the house I found a cut off valve that I just needed to open up. Fired right up after that. Grey water worked great. 13.5 New low profile AC ran great. Had to keep on low to keep from freezing us out. This one is a keeper. As good as the Apache is, I'm putting it up for sale. Don't need two campers.

Arriving.jpg

Set Up.jpg

JPBar likes this.
  2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Cool . I'll be at McKinney falls next Wednesday for 12 days while my son is at camp there.

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Glad the first trip out was a great success , nice looking camp site.
    Good Luck and Keep On Camping

4. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    Love the Texas Hill Country and have been to McKinney Falls SP more times than I can count however never camping. We'd run over with the kids and hike around the falls and hiking trails. We've moved up to East Texas but have kids/grandkids there and get down your way frequently. Perhaps we'll get our PUP there someday and get the grandkids out for a campout. Another favorite is Pedernales Falls SP near Johnson City. We've backpacked in to Wolf Mtn. and camped there a bunch too.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  5. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    That place is on our list to go to. Glad you had a Great Trip!

6. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Nice popup enjoy and smell the roses!