MD- Elk Neck site recommendations

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by bwillem, May 10, 2010.

1. bwillem

bwillem New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Cranford, NJ
    Planning my first trip to Elk Neck State Park this weekend, looking for an electric-only site. Do any of the locals who frequent here often -- and whose recommendations have convinced me to go! -- have a favorite loop or site to suggest?

2. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    For future readers, I enjoyed camping at site #247 Chester Loop. There were no sites on either sides or behind. A private path went down to Elk River.

3. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Jun 10, 2011
    We've never had hookups at Elk Neck. We've always been in one of the first sites on the Choptank loop. We started there in the tent camping days, liked it and never moved to another loop.

4. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    The temperature was 94 degrees and extremely muggy so an electric hookup was welcomed. My work schedule only allowed 1 night and the park is only a 50 minute drive away. Looking forward to Fall so that I have more camping options and will not not an electric hookup.

5. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I failed to mention that no pets were allowed on Chester Loop. There are other loops that pets are permitted.

6. theonlytina

theonlytina Member

Jun 9, 2011
    We've camped there many times in the pup + prefer the non electric sites. They are just more wooded + beautiful. The bathrooms on the non electric site are very old though. What doesn't make sense is that the bathrooms in the rv loop are new when they don't really need them.