Moose Hillock NY

Discussion in 'New York' started by Garywt, May 14, 2015.

1. Garywt

Garywt New Member

Has anyone been to this new campground. How was it, good or bad. How easy is it to get to Lake George or the amusement park? Thanks

2. Bob Bourgeois

Bob Bourgeois "I'd rather be camping"

I haven't been there, but do know where it is. You will have easy access to both Lake George Village and Six Flags Great Escape. Both would be a short drive from the campground, approximately 30 mins, or less depending on traffic. It can be as quick as 10 mins. Route 9 can get pretty congested, as it is only two lanes and there is an outlet shopping "village".

3. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Hi all I know this is an old post it does anyone have any recent experiences??

4. SporletMama

SporletMama New Member

This is a late reply, but figured I could add my two cents for anyone who stumbles upon this thread!

We stayed here Memorial Day weekend 2017. There were very few other pop-ups there. The sites were spacious and private. Gravel. We requested a site close to the bathroom, as our pop-up camper does not have a bathroom and we have two small children. Their idea of a site near the bathroom was one with a 5-10 minute walk there, which was not ideal, but not outrageous for most people. The pool was very large and heated. There was a magician one evening, who was entertaining. There were pony rides another day. One night, there was Bingo, and we didn't realize we were supposed to have brought candy bars, but have learned for the future. We found the evenings to be quiet and campers were respectful. Some of the sites are very far away from bathrooms and activities, however, and most of those sites had golf carts. When we were there, the restaurant wasn't open yet, so I can't speak to it, but the store was nice enough. It wasn't as stocked as others, however, but it's not a far drive into Lake George where there are tons of shopping options.

We are thinking about Columbus Day Weekend there, as well, but there aren't as many activities then as some other campgrounds.