Name this pop-up!

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by CampingCubFan, Apr 21, 2017.

1. CampingCubFan

CampingCubFan Member

Jun 26, 2016
    I can't determine the model number of this Flagstaff for sale in my area. The GAWR (Each Axle) is 2720 lbs., GVWR is 2990 lbs. Manufacture date: 9/23/2005. I'd like to research the NADA value. Does anyone know which model this is? Thanks!

https://flint.craigslist.org/rvs/6093707613.html

2. friartuck

friartuck Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Perry, MI
  3. JPBar

JPBar Active Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
  4. CampingCubFan

CampingCubFan Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Robertssales.com is the best! Yes, I'm hoping this will work out for us. Price ideas, anyone? Do you like your 228BH, JPBar?

Asking price is $4500 OBO. NADA average retail is $3400. Does $4000 seem fair or a bit high/low? It's not available to be seen until Monday, which worries me a bit (might be buyers ahead of me in line).

5. JPBar

JPBar Active Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Yes we like the camper. The storage under the couch was pretty much useless (had to get on your knees to see what was in there). I removed the couch and boxed in the wheel well. The DW has to sleep in a upright position and now her zero gravity chair goes where the couch was. The potty / shower combo was a must for her, have to say I would not own one with out this feature, very easy to clean and dump cassette holding tank. With the dinette slide out that you have you should have plenty of storage under your dinning seats. The right side of my dinning seat has elec. and water filter in that space. But all in all we have been very happy with our camper.

The camper looks pretty clean from the pictures, just check and make sure all appliances work as they should, ask the seller to raise and lower roof while you are there, check very close for water damage, tears or holes in canvas, vent cover not cracked. Ask seller when the last time wheel bearings were repacked, anode rod replaced in water heater, check date on tires. Advice take cash ($100 dollar bills) offer $3500 and go up to what you feel comfortable with paying. Last make sure seller has a clear title and the VIN # matches camper VIN #, not sure in Michigan DMV laws on this are, but here in Texas it is a PIA and $$ to get new title. Good Luck!!

6. Halford

Halford Active Member

Always focus on the "wet" weight GWVR, not dry weight. the dry weight info is worthless to everyone.

But Welcome to Popupportal!