National Rally - Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Nitty Gritty, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CompuCamper

CompuCamper Where to camp next?

Nov 14, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Amen!

2. Nitty Gritty

Nitty Gritty I love RVing!!

Jun 18, 2007
    Tornado Alley, Oklahoma
    Hey Scouterwife! Seen your family at Bass Pro Shops last Thursday! It's so much fun running into people that we meet at rallies! Now taht I do not work outside of the home it is hard to really meet others besides camping. I know everyone will have a blast at the rally this year! We will miss visiting with ya'all!

3. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
    I was curious if anyone wanted to do a Pot luck dinner Saturday nite or if we were just gonna have a nice relaxed weekend rally. I am all for the pot luck dinner and maybe a meet and greet Friday night at Tekboys or my site. Let me know what you guys think.

I plan to bring my washers game if any one is up for a tournament of sorts. We could have this say Saturday afternoon if it doesn't get to hot.

Let me know what you guys would like to do and we'll make up an Agenda.

4. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Mar 30, 2009
    Oklahoma
    April (sam1127) and I were wondering if there was gonna be a pot luck, if so, we're in! Meet n greet's good too.

5. bigwheel69

bigwheel69 Catch 'em, Clean 'em, Cook 'em, Eat 'em

Jun 10, 2008
    Midwest City, Ok
    [:)C] I am in for the potluck dinner Saturday and the meet n greet on Friday. Will bring my set of washer boards as well.
    Hey Beerlifter - did the Denver corner store sustain any damage from the tornado? [{}=] we decided not to camp this past weekend cause of the damaged areas at T-bird - [CP] thought it best to do camp backyard at the folks instead (w/ the swimming pool) [8D] I'm glad too cause that rainstorm sunday night was powerful! The rest of the family went back into the house for the nite - I toughed it out in the camper - that was quite the thunder/lightning show... but we survived [:)C]

6. tmagoogle57

tmagoogle57 New Member

May 31, 2010
    Now I know why beavers bend is booked.LOL We were going to take our
    daughter there for her birthday. I'll show my husband what's available and
    we'll try to reserve. Thanks for the thread and the info Albert and Melanie.
    I am enjoying this site. [:D]

7. Albert and Melanie

Mar 30, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Noooo, not at beaver's Bend, it's at Canton Lake in Canton.... I copied this from somewhere in this thread, lol. It has all the info ya need!

The National Rally date for Oklahoma is ON for Canton Lake, Big Bend Area for the National week of June 18 through the 26th.
    There is a row of available campsites at recreation.gov in the A section of Big Bend camping area at Canton Lake. These are Corps sites with 30A electric, water, and shade. All sites are back-in. The row that would put everyone within steps of one another is the row next to the lake, sites A12 through A27. Of course you can book any site there that you like out of the 39 sites there. If you choose another location at Big Bend make sure to mouse-over the camp site number icon and make sure it is a site with electric. There are some dry camp spots there is the only reason I say that.
    Here is the link to recreation.gov:

http://www.recreation.gov/campsitePaging.do?&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73081&&startIdx=25

That should take you to the Big Bend area and show you a list of all the Big Bend sites. Use the "next" page button to review all the sites, and clicking on a site will bring up detailed information and a map.
    I can't stay the whole week so I have booked A13 for the 17th, 18th and 19th (thur., fri. and saturday nights). For those that can't stay the entire week we'll consider the first weekend as the "core" dates for everyone to get together at this rally, and for those that can stay the rest of the week the camp sites will already be in place.
    Please post if you can make it so we can plan some activities.
    Let's go camping!!! Phil

8. Albert and Melanie

Mar 30, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Here's the Big Bend Area map. The blue spots are available, the brown are already reserved. The dates I put in were June 17-20, so if you're gonna stay the entire week you might wanna go and put those dates in and check. Just thought this might help.

[​IMG]

9. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
    Somehow it didn't get damaged. My DW works at Alemeda Market just to the west about 2 miles and got some awesome pictures of the tornado. It started bouncing around just about where the Ranger Station in going into the Park. We also have pictures of the Marina or should I say whats left of it. I'll see if I can get some of them up. Hog Creek was the only Campgrounds open on the North side of the lake this weekend and it was packed to the gills. I had some friends tent camp there over the holiday but I didn't want to fight the crowds to go see them!!!

10. Albert and Melanie

Mar 30, 2009
    Oklahoma
    We drove out to Thunderbird to look around a couple weeks ago, it was sooo sad....

11. Tekboy46

Tekboy46 Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Central Oklahoma
    Our rally shirts from cafepress came in and they are awesome. I'm giving them good feedback because this years and last years shirts are top notch, decent quality and have great graphics all at a decent price.
    Can't wait to meet 'n' greet everyone.

12. Albert and Melanie

Mar 30, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Only 15 days to go!

13. sam1127

sam1127 "Mobil de Casa"

Jan 21, 2009
    Rally is getting closer and we are getting excited. We are looking forward to meeting everyone. Pop luck and meet and greet sounds like a good idea. Thanks Melanie and Albert for the info on the sites. See everyone at the Rally.

Happy Camping,
    April

14. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
    Ok then we'll just do that! We will have a meet and greet @ tekboy's site friday nite (hope that is all right Phil!! ) and then we will have a pot luck dinner Saturday Night @ or around my site. We will play that kinda by ear depending on the room for tables and such.

I don't have any goofy games planned for this years rally but be on the look out for some strange things around the campground! I also have an award that I will be presenting Saturday Nite to one of our special campers.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!!

15. Tekboy46

Tekboy46 Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Central Oklahoma
    Meet'n'Greet at our site is fine... you betcha, as they say. I'm ready for some serious lake/rally time!

16. Albert and Melanie

Mar 30, 2009
    Oklahoma
    We went up there Sunday to check out our site. That place was packed! The whole park is now almost completely full for the weekend of the rally. Checked out most of yall's sites as well... good, level spots with good shade and covered picnic tables. Also right next to the water (quite a hike to the potties and showers tho). Our spot, as well as sam1127's were up on a hill, no shade, and not level. [:(O] Luckily, we were both able to change spots and get some better ones. We are now in sites 16 and 18. Only nine days to go now!

17. Albert and Melanie

Mar 30, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Oh, wanted to tell yall this too. We did discover that the best sites are reserved for volunteers, and even if no volunteers show up, you can't use the sites [V]. We did, however, find out how to be volunteers. All ya have to do is work three hrs a day. For every three hrs, ya get a free night. Not a bad deal for retired folks. I could make Albert work three hrs a day easy when he retires! [:D]

18. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
    LOL! Does Albert know this!!!!!

19. ScouterWife

ScouterWife Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Jun 5, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    I am so going to miss not being at this rally!! [:(]
    While you guys are all having a good time, why don't you kick around the idea of doing a second rally in Sept. when we can go. [;)]
    I hope you all have fun, I know you're going to miss the Bad Medicine!!
    We will be expecting to see lots of pictures.

20. Albert and Melanie

Mar 30, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Just got some bad news, dammit! We aren't going to be able to come... something has come up here that is unavoidable... it SUCKS! [:(!]

Steve, yeah, he knows I'm gonna volunteer him, lol. I'm so sad now... yall have fun, take pics!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.