Navigation Tips for the New Software

Discussion in 'Website Tips & Tricks' started by mpking, Mar 14, 2017.

1. mpking

mpking Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Raynham, MA
    Couple of quick tips I've figured out so far:

First, fix your timezone (As well as any other information you feel you want to share)
    I like to turn on the "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." option.

This makes for the "updated topics" functionality we are missing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alerts. Appears to show replies to threads you've posted in, as well as any site activity. (New Personal messages, Site badges)
    [​IMG]

If you checked off the watched threads item, you can use this link on the home page:
    [​IMG]

Here's a fun trick, all website activity:

[​IMG]

JustMePatrick likes this.
  2. mpking

mpking Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Raynham, MA
    How to change the little tage from "Member" to something custom. (This is not confirmed to work yet)

[​IMG]

3. mpking

mpking Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Raynham, MA
    2017-03-16 11_05_07-Clipboard.png

adrianpglover likes this.
  4. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    Thanks, this was very helpful. Now is there a way to mark posts as read by the page or individually? Back when I first joined I would obesely read every post but now I skip the ones that don't pertain to me (solar power, cassette toilet) to save time.

5. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    There might be a way to select which ones by subforum, but at least for now, you can mark EVERYTHING read here:

Mark Forums Read.jpg

6. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Member

Apr 13, 2015
    LaLa land
    When I first joined this site I used my Bowman3d handle, I later changed it to NYGfan. When they switched formats it went back to Bowman3g. Is there anyway I can change it back to NYGfan?