Need Help! Seal for Coleman Pop-up

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Indguru, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Indguru

Indguru New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Middle Tennessee
    Hey everyone. I recently purchased a 2000 Coleman Bayside Pop-up. I decided to rip the ABS roof off and do the Grizzly Grip replacement. Log story short ... ran out of Grizzly Grip, but got the job done. When putting the outer seal back on, it ripped. I had already glued half of it back on, so I continued. Well, once I was done I came up about 6" short. I guess i did't stretch it enough or something. That being said, I really don't want to rip it all off and buy a new seal. So my question is....

Does anyone have a 6-8" piece of an old seal they can sell me? I'm pretty sure I can make it work, at least for a little while.

Thanks!
    Walter from Tennessee

2. DD72

DD72 New Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Just so happens just replaced my 2001 niagara roof seal this year and have about 3 foot left. I have no use for it ,it's yours if you want it.Just have to get to you.

3. Fless

Fless Active Member

What's your seal look like? Any measurements? I, too, have some left over from a recent replacement.

4. Indguru

Indguru New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Middle Tennessee
    AWESOME! I can send you an email with my address and a Ups or USPS label for shipping. Which ever is easier for you. Let me know, thanks again, BIG help!

5. Indguru

Indguru New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Middle Tennessee
    Wow, I love Pop UP Portal! You guys rock! DD72 might have me covered but if for some reason can't, I will definitely take you up on that.

Thanks!

6. Fless

Fless Active Member

7. Indguru

Indguru New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Middle Tennessee
  8. DD72

DD72 New Member

Jul 26, 2016
    How do I get in touch with you?

9. DD72

DD72 New Member

Jul 26, 2016
    How do I get in touch with you

10. Fless

Fless Active Member

Send a Private Message (PM), which won't show up on the forum. Float your cursor over your login name and pick the drop-down Conversations. Start typing the target username and pick the one that is right, if there is more than one.

11. Indguru

Indguru New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Middle Tennessee
    I will pm you on here.

12. rvanderwerf

rvanderwerf Member

Jul 20, 2017
    I need a 4-5" piece if anyone has it, happy to pay for postage. My seal separated into 2 pieces but was otherwise in OK shape, I re-glued it together with 3M 8008 and I have a few inches in the back where it came up short I'd like to glue a piece in.

13. RealDProperty

RealDProperty New Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Hi... I am doing the ABS roof tear-off and re-paint this weekend. I'll be putting on a new seal when done. I've seen the seal in the link above posted on EBay. My question is... Does anyone have any long-term history with this seal? How long does it hold up? How are people putting it on (what adhesive)?
    Thanks in advance.
    Oh, and if anyone wants my old seal just for a small section, they are welcome to it.

14. rvanderwerf

rvanderwerf Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Hi there.. I haven't heard any complaints. It's the only option from what I have seen. People use tubes of 3M 8008 adhensive.. it's black and gooey. Just make sure you get the right one for your camper. Good luck!

15. RealDProperty

RealDProperty New Member

Jul 24, 2017
    FYI all, if you order the seal directly from Popuproofseal.com it's cheaper than buying on EBay or Amazon.

rvanderwerf likes this.
  16. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Stillwater, MN
    I have ordered a few feet from Canvas Replacement before.

17. Knoke

Knoke New Member

Apr 16, 2015
    I put the new gasket on my roof this morning and came up 14 inches short! Does anyone have some left over I can buy? It is the same one that is listed in the post from Fless and Stella on eBay. Thanks, Mike

18. Fless

Fless Active Member

PM me with your mailing info. I need to look in the garage but I'm sure I still have some to send.

EDIT: I have 4 feet or a bit more.

19. Knoke

Knoke New Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Thanks a bunch. I located a short piece on Amazon after checking with the folks from whom I originally ordered the seal. They couldn't sell by the foot, only 41ft. lengths. Appreciate your response. That's what makes these forums work. The seal took some effort to put on but it turned out real nice except for being too short. Turns out it was my bad because I did the storage box up front first. To make matters worse, the roof seal doesn't work well on the storage box lid! There is a separate seal for that. If any one is interested here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Flee...keywords=Coleman+Fleetwood+storage+box+gasket.