Neighbors were amazed

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Fixitup, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Fixitup

Fixitup Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    My 10 yr old and I went to Northwest River CG last week. There was a older couple two sites down from us sitting outside as we were making camp. They had a fairly new small TT. As we were finishing up they went for a walk and were looking hard as they went by. When they came back by they stopped an were making small talk and made a comment about our Niagara. The wife said that when we pulled out the beds she was amazed at the size of the pup and was asking about what it had. I was more than happy to show them. They were really surprised when they saw the inside. The husband said he wish their only bed was a king. He also commented about the usable floorspace was a bit more then their TT. Needless to say they impressed at our pup. Made us feel a little gitty that they were so impressed at our pup.

2. soft 17

soft 17 Member

Mar 14, 2017
    San Luis Obispo
    We have gotten similar comments about our 2716g. It's so big on the inside. A lot of people have no idea how far pop ups have come.

3. DesertRed

DesertRed Member

Mar 28, 2017
    LOL. What a fun reaction. We had the same thing when we brought our '05 Fleetwood Sequoia home last spring. Half our neighborhood came to look. They were amazed it was a pop up!

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    It does make you feel kind of proud. I had a couple discussing my camper once. Although they didn't stop to to chat. It started with, "look at that popup, I bet it has a slide out". "no, I doubt it" he said. The couple continues to walk, " I told you so" she replied. Kind of funny really. Some are amazed pop-ups even have a slideout. Then again when I was looking to upgrade from my bare bones 1990 Jayco I was surprised to learn pop-ups had hot water heater and built in toilet and shower now. Which was another reason I went with a popup vrs a 19' TT or hybrid. Why spend the extra money for a full size TT when I could get all the same amenities plus more sleeping and walking room and easier tow.

Tracy D. likes this.
  5. Caper

Caper New Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Im sure its an amazing feeling. congrats on the greatest compliment of all.

cheers

6. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    I have received compliments on about every thing I have camped in from my Cabellas Alasken tent all over Europe to my new to me older a-frame now moving to an egg and I bet it will be fun too.

good campin!

7. xvz12

xvz12 Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    My kids were amazed with the room inside our Cape Cod when we got it. My son said it should be named 'TARDIS'......they're bigger on the inside...lol

TensSandShoes and D_Gibb like this.
  8. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Nov 3, 2015
    North East Florida
    Yes...I think set up the overall length of the Niagara is 27 feet....thats pretty impressive.

9. myride

myride Member

May 14, 2015
    Nice to see the "dark side" impressed with our PUPs instead of the other way around...lol

TensSandShoes likes this.
  10. TensSandShoes

TensSandShoes New Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Staunton Illinois
    It's funny that the main critics I had to impress when I bought my pop up was my own family lol. I have 3 high school aged kids. Every one of them thought that there was no way we could all fit with all our belongings and be comfortable. Even when I was preparing for our first trip, they all kept saying that there was no way I was going to fit everything in there. When we all arrived at the campground and I set everything up they were all amazed. They kept commenting on how big it was and so roomy lol needless to say there was more than enough room for everyone and our belongings. Another naysayer was my uncle. Now that he seen everything my pop up has to offer, he is looking into getting one himself!! [LOL]

bob barnes likes this.