New ALINER Owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MrBill12, Nov 13, 2017 at 8:43 PM.

1. MrBill12

MrBill12 New Member

Monday
    Pensacola, FL
    Bought a used 2007 ALINER Expedition last Thursday (11/9/17) and we left the next morning for a three-day weekend in South Georgia. I was a little fearful and nervous, since I am temporarily disabled from a total knee replacement surgery “gone bad” about 18 months ago and my wife is facing her second hip replacement in a couple of months. I had just about decided NOT to pursue any type of RV or camping until I saw how easy it is to hook up and set up an ALINER. We drove 300 miles and camped in an RV park right along I-75 near Cecil, Georgia. We were surrounded by massive motor homes, a few fifth wheels, and big travel trailers. Several passers-by commented, “Oh, that’s cute.” I figured they thought we were crazy. My wife’s biggest complaint is not having a toilet and shower onboard; and she really dislikes using public facilities, but thankfully it wasn’t as bad as she expected. We had a good time!

2. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

May 17, 2014
    Welcome aboard, Bill, from Boulder, CO. You're gonna have a good time with your "tin teepee". We love our Chalet Arrowhead, especially the quick set up and ease of heating. Most recent trip was a deer hunt at 7000-9000 feet NE of Craig, CO. Used a lot of propane as night temps went below freezing.

For those who are squeamish about vault toilets and other public facilities, I suggest carrying a small container of Clorox (tm) wet wipes to do before and after sanitation.

MrBill12 likes this.
  3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Active Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello, Bill and welcome from Minnesota!

MrBill12 likes this.
  4. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hi, Bill, Welcome to the portal from Phoenix Arizona. We have a Aframe Camper the Chalet and love it too. Happy Camping!

MrBill12 likes this.
  5. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Congrats on the camper and good first trip

MrBill12 likes this.
  6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome to the portal from N/W Fl. Panhandle. Congrats on the NTU Aliner. I know what you are going thru. We went dark after I had 2 back operations (upper and lower, a month apart) an did not feel that I needed the set up problems with a PUP. I hope your DW 's operation goes well ad hopefully your knee will give you some relief. But we really need to be active but pace ourselves as we get older, at least as much as we can. Good Luck and Happy Camping

MrBill12 likes this.
  7. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE and NH
    Welcome. We chose the Aliner for the easy setup as well. You may want to checkout the Thetford Curve portapotty, the seat height is close to a standard toilet, the black tank size is similar to a cassette toilet, they have an electric button flush and 'look' more like a regular toilet than most portables - all elements that made them more attractive to us. Best of all, it fits perfectly in the cabinet in front of the AC (with the wheel well in it) in my Ranger 15 - your Expedition may be similar.

MrBill12 likes this.
  8. Fbird

Fbird Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Ferndale MI
    Congrats and enjoy. I've had my Aliner for 8 years and still love it.

MrBill12 likes this.
  9. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

Welcome to the Aliner/Aframe Family from AZ.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your NTU Aliner on it’s first outing. Plz check out the Aframe section for plenty of ideas. Feel free to ask any questions in the Aframe section. Many of us are experienced Aliner/Aframe owners.

May you continue to enjoy your Aliner as much as we ours. Have fun making it yours.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

MrBill12 likes this.
  10. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2017
    western Colorado
    Congratulations and welcome to the Portal for western Colorado!