New Desert Popup Guy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pelagius117, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Pelagius117

Pelagius117 New Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Glendale, Arizona
    Hey Gang,
    I have been lurking for a while and reading everything i can about various pop ups. I finally acquired a 1998 Dutchmen Duck 1004 on Superbowl Sunday. Finally was able to get it opened up and take a full assessment of everything, (what works, what doesn't) Not too bad for the price I paid for it, if I do say so myself. My ultimate goal is to either get an over landing off road trailer, or make one myself. I figured getting a pop up as a first step will let me learn as I go and hopefully wont make too many huge mistakes as I go. This also will help with camping with a baby, and a mother in law that is not huge on "roughing it". So having something like this will help my father in law and I be able to plan more camping trips the rest of the family will want to go. I will be starting a build/restore thread as well and will add pictures there.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Welcome to PUP. Sounds like a cool project!
  3. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Why dont you do the axial flip while your rebuilding than you wont need to get an overlander so soon.
  4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome aboard from N/W Fl. Panhandle. congrats on the NTU PUP. Re-modeling / repairing is part of the game and also a great learning experience, as you will know everything about tour PUP when you get through (mods never end however) Good Luck with the project and I hope you have smooth sailing.
  5. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome form Minnesota! Congrats on your NTU pup.
  6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
  7. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Welcome to the forum from Midway USA! [:)C]
  8. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2017
    western Colorado
    Welcome to the Portal from Colorado!
  9. DJS12354

DJS12354 Active Member

Greetings from NEPA!
  10. Pelagius117

Pelagius117 New Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Glendale, Arizona
    Thank you gang!
    Jnc, the plan is to have that extend the usefulness of the PU. Problem is the places I like to go would be well past the capabilities of even that!
    jnc likes this.
  11. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I understand where you want to go! I Just saying that The flip will get you a little closer to where you want to be! You could setup the Family up in the pup While you go deep with the Overlander:)
  12. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hi, neighbors, Welcome to the portal! We are from Phoenix, Arizona too. Happy camping!
    Pelagius117 likes this.
  13. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Member

Welcome from the great white north! (Montreal to be specific!) Get some pics up!
    Pelagius117 likes this.
  14. penny

penny Active Member

Nov 9, 2017
    welcome from another neighbor, NM.
    Pelagius117 likes this.
  15. megcabra

megcabra Active Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!
    Pelagius117 likes this.