New England Mid-Summer Rally @ Mi-Te-Jo, July 27-29, 2012, Southern Seacoast NH

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by NH-popper, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

Mar 10, 2010
    When: July 27th-29th, 2012
    Where: Mi-Te-Jo Campground, Milton, NH
    How to reserve: Call the campground at 603 652-9022
    When you can reserve: NOW!
    Cost:$34 per night, 10% off if we get 15 folks. When you reserve say you're with the Popup Portal / Mike & Scott.

Current attendees:

NH-Popper
    NHeer
    NHcaveman
    gir226

NHeer and I are planning the Official New England Mid-Summer PopUpPortal Raly at Mi-Te-Jo Campground in Milton, NH (on the Maine border) for July 27th weekend, 2012. Milton is not far north of Rochester, NH and is accessible via I-95 and the NH Spaulding Turnpike (no need to run the I-93 gauntlet!). The campground features a large waterfront to a river that is dammed which provides great water sports options. There is a pavilion and a rally field that we've reserved that provides 20 W/E sites. We have the rally field to our selves. Those sites are not normally rented out to individuals.

Mi-Te-Jo web site: http://mi-te-jo.com/

NHeer's own pictures of Mi-Te-Jo Safari area: https://picasaweb.google.com/smellott/MiTeJoCGSafariFieldAndFacilities?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Here's the map of the campground. The Rally/Safari Field is over to the far right:

[​IMG]

This is a really beautiful place. I highly encourage everyone to attend.

2. smellott

smellott Livin' in NH but a WV Mountaineer for life

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    Re: NH: Mi-Te-Jo, July 27-29, 2012

I want to bump this up . . . . . this is a great campground. I hope you can join us at the end of July! One nice item about this campground is the location . . . . for those that hate the I93 gauntlet, this is far east of there. Instead, you go up I95 as if you're heading to Maine but get off on the Spaulding Turnpike. Easy trip from most of New England.

Local attractions . . . .

Kennebunkport, ME is only 38miles
    Old Orchard Beach, ME is 44 miles
    Cabela's in Scarborough, ME is 50 miles
    Laconia, NH (access to Lake Winnipespaukee) is 35 miles
    Alton, NH (access to Lake Winnipespaukee) is 15 miles

There are 2 great ice cream stands (one across the lake in ME and one in NH) within walking distance of the campground.

Hope you can join us!

3. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010

Been a while since we followed up on this so I'm bumping it back up. This is going to be a fun camping trip in a beautiful location, easy to get to. We hope you can join us! :)

4. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010

Bumping this back up! Now that spring's sprung early, it's time to start making reservations, so call and reserve today! :)

5. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Mar 25, 2009
    New Hampshire

I'll book this next week.
    It seems there are two threads on this, might be a good idea if one of the moderators could merge them together, get everything on the same page so to speak. :)

6. dschlosser

dschlosser Active Member

Jan 29, 2008
    East Patchogue, NY

I locked the other thread and linked to this one.

7. hammer1234

hammer1234 New Member

Mar 26, 2010

How open is the area where the sites are?

8. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010

The safari area is a field bordered by woods. There are pictures linked above and on their website.

9. hammer1234

hammer1234 New Member

Mar 26, 2010

Thanks...didn't see any of the safari campsites in the pictures though.

I knew someone who has had a seasonal site there for years and he really liked the campground. Definitely considering this.

10. BillNH60

BillNH60 a bad day camping is just better than working

Jun 11, 2011

I talked to these folks at the Worcester RV show, they had some nice pictures of the area, including the safari field, which looks wery nice. It will fit 20-30 rigs at most, by the looks.

11. dschlosser

dschlosser Active Member

Jan 29, 2008
    East Patchogue, NY

I'm out for this one. I'm not going to be able to get the time off.

12. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010

Bummer, Dave, we'll miss you. We'll see you at some other rallies though.

13. dfab

dfab New Member

Jan 20, 2010

Ill be at Mi-Te-Jo at the end of next month , love the place. This will be the 3rd year for us but my brother will be on I think 10th year. If you want me to take photos or pick up info just remind me before I go. As for the place filling up the only reason I got in on the long weekend was because of my brother . We stay on the ball field grate for kids. Wear you will be is nice and has a good size pavilion. One more thing the owners are top notch pepole. Have fun!

14. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010

This rally will be at one of the nicest campgrounds in the state, right on the river and near a lot of different areas for lots of fun things to do. If you're thinking of coming, please speak up, we'll have to decide soon whether to release the rally field back to the campground. More details are in the first post of the thread. Thanks! :)

15. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Mar 25, 2009
    New Hampshire

I want to go. I've even put in for Friday off, but I haven't made a reservation yet because it almost doesn't seem as though this is going to happen. Have you and Scott actually made reservations? And you're right it really is a nice campground, we have been wanting to get there the past two years. As soon as I know for certain this is happening I'll make a reservation.

16. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Jun 19, 2008
    Woodbridge, VA

I have to talk to Chrissy and see if she is interested. I will get back to you.

17. smellott

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire

We'll be there whether the rally is official or not . . . . we've got friends that are seasonal and want to get to see them. As said by others, this is a beautiful campground, well worth the trip. Come join us and find out! :)

Pics here: https://picasaweb.google.com/smellott/MiTeJoCGSafariFieldAndFacilities?authuser=0&feat=directlink

18. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010
    NH: Mi-Te-Jo, July 27-29, 2012

The field's reserved. I'm there.

19. smellott

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire

I'm reserved as well. I'll be there starting Wednesday, July 25 through Sunday, July 29.

This is a great place for a rally! We'll have this entire area including the pavilion to our selves. Our camp sites are on the outside along the tree line. Come check out this hidden gem of a camp ground just north of Rochester, NH.

[​IMG]

Here are the rest of my pictures of Mi-Te-Jo: https://picasaweb.google.com/102219333103200034370/MiTeJoCGSafariFieldAndFacilities

20. dfab

dfab New Member

Jan 20, 2010

The photo at the ball field with the kid on the bike , he is in front of my site for next weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.