New England Mid-Summer Rally @ Mi-Te-Jo, July 27-29, 2012, Southern Seacoast NH

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by NH-popper, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breadbox

Breadbox Volvo powered

Jul 25, 2010
    Re: Mi-Te-Jo, July 27-29, 2012 Southern Seacoast NH

We can't manage this time. Still recovering financially from Skyline Drive. We going to try to get to a SP here in MD this weekend though.

2. smellott

smellott Livin' in NH but a WV Mountaineer for life

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    Matt, I'm sorry you'll won't be able to join us. You will be missed.

To everyone else . . . . We still have room in the rally area . . . . would love to have ya join us. This is a great place to camp.

NHeer

3. hammer1234

hammer1234 New Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Bad news...my mother passed away yesterday (sudden but she was ill for some time) and the memorial service in NJ is next Saturday so we will miss our first rally. [:(]

Just called and booked a site for the next weekend.

4. smellott

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    Re: New England Mid-Summer Rally @ Mi-Te-Jo, July 27-29, 2012, Southern Seacoast NH

Hammer,

I am so so sorry for your loss. Our hearts go out to you and your family. You will be missed next weekend but we know you'll be here in spirit. I look forward to meeting you at the next rally.

NHeer

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk 2

5. dfab

dfab New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    After thinking I might be able to go I got the family thinking about it and backup family ( brother )thinking about it. This afternoon the wife sed lets go that's when it hit me I'm on stinking call for work. [:(!] [:(!] [:(!] this was to be the first Rally for us, maybe next time. Good luck and have fun.

6. smellott

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    dfab that stinks for sure! I remember those days of being on call . . . . . no chance of swapping with someone else for next weekend? We'd love to have you'll come and enjoy this great campground with us.

NHeer

7. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Mar 25, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Hammer,

We are truly sorry for your loss, you and your are in our prayers. We will see you around the campfire next time.

8. dfab

dfab New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Thanks Id love to go. MI - Te - Jo is our favorite campground, we normally stay on site 97 at the ball field. During winter its easy to pass off call but no one wants it for the hole weekend.

9. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

Mar 10, 2010
    On call? Can you work online? MiTejo has wifi! :)

10. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010
    All, we have plenty of spaces left in the Rally field for the upcoming weekend if anyone would like to join us at the last minute. Just give the campground a call and let them know you're joining us. :)

11. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

Have a great weekend everyone. We can't make this one. [:(]
    DW has to go this weekend to ME for family business.

12. smellott

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    Lou, sorry you and Jan can't attend but fully understand. We'll throw a log on the fire for you'll. We'll see ya at Make A Wish in September.

13. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010
    Well, this stinks. We've had some things come up here, so we're not making it either, and after visiting and organizing. A bummer but we'll make it up to MiTeJo eventually, and hopefully meet gir226 at another rally!

If there's any way we can shake loose and get up there we'll let you know, otherwise, have fun!

14. smellott

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    Mike,

I'm sorry to hear that . . . . Gir226 and I are already here. If you'll can shake free Saturday, come on up for the pot luck.

NHeer

15. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Mar 25, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Well we just got home from this beautiful campground and what a nice time we had. It was nice to meet Mike (Gir226) and his family, hope to see them all again. We were a bit unsettled heading up with the forecast being 60% and 80% chance of rain throughout the weekend, but then a funny thing happened. NH-popper had to cancel, and from the time we arrives on Friday afternoon right up until Saturday night it was hot some sun and clouds, but not a drop of rain right up until Saturday night. Now we missed you and your family as we always enjoy camping with you folks, but I want to say thank you for keeping the rain away for most of the weekend. We hope to see you all again soon, sorry you had to miss this one.

16. NH-popper

Mar 10, 2010
    Yeah we're sorry too, but must I point out again that we had outstanding weather for a week and a half in Maine this July, the Salibury Beach rally, the trip we took to Virginia (if a bit cool) and our trip together to Tamworth in October, just for starters? [:D] Two rallies does not a reputation make... :)

17. smellott

May 11, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    We had a great time albeit a bit wet Thursday night and Sunday morning. Otherwise, it was great seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. We had a couple folks from another camping group join us which was great. They ended up very interested in potentially both joining the Portal and buying a pop up.

The facilities at this campground for hosting a rally are absolutely the best I've ever seen. The fact there is a private field with 20+ w/e sites and a pavilion (with its own water and electric) dedicated to the rally field is so awesome! I plan to have this rally again next year.

I'll post some pictures once I get enough time to do so . . . . . vacations always seem to wreak havoc with work. [:D]

NHeer

18. hammer1234

hammer1234 New Member

Mar 26, 2010
    We made it over a week later...just got back. Had one of the trickier sites to back into but we managed to get it in OK. Had a few storms last night but that's about it.

Really nice campground, definitely on our return list.

Any interest in a rally at this campground next year? Right now there's one weekend left for the safari area...think it's either 20-21 or 27-28 July.

19. bman77

bman77 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Sorry we missed the rally but we were in Lebanon CT @ Waters Edge CG that weekend for my sons baseball tourney. Sadly we came in 4th but Berwick Maine won the championship.
    We stayed at MI TE JOE last weekend during the rainy weekend. We lost running lights and left turn and brake lights on the way. We set up in the rain, we broke down in the rain. The front left BAL leveler broke during setup (thank you Ray's Marine and RV for the parts). My DW's family has a camp under construction on the other side of the lake in Maine. We didn't spend much time at our site but the grounds were immaculate, the bath houses......the cleanest I've ever seen. We stayed in 90b next to a seasonal that has been there for 19years. They actually went over and closed up our PUP for us when the heavy rain fell and we were across the lake. Pretty awesome people IMO.
    We will ABSOLUTELY be booking there in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.