New Massachusetts Rally Location for 2019?

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by JimmyM, May 14, 2018.

1. HeatherMae

HeatherMae New Member

Jun 12, 2018
    D3EEA0ED-2BBD-4911-B7BF-0C7A3A56B6B6.jpeg
    I actually was noting areas that would be good for a rally- there was one area in particular but just water, no electric. Was even thinking could they run it ad hoc. On the map they're the grey ones to the left of visitor parking. Orr...the teal colored wilderness sites at the very top of the map, have water and electric. Those were empty this past weekend.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    I was just on their web site. During parts of the year you can only make reservations of less than 4 nights a month in advance. 4 nights or more you can book way in advance. I saw the "wilderness" sites; water and electric. They look promising. Water is handy, Most don't care about sewer, electric is probably the most desired of the 3. Water and electric sites sound great. I'm surprised they were empty.
    Was was thinking about a July trip or October.
    I'm definitely taking a ride up there.

HeatherMae likes this.
  3. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    I vote October since the CT Rally is in July. :)

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    Riiiight.
    April=Schodack Island
    May= ?
    June=NEPA
    July=CT
    Aug=ME
    Sept=VT
    October might be a good end of season event. Everybody fill up your LP tanks!

5. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    A rally in May might be nice...although I know that's when you and Emily do an anniversary trip. For October, maybe Columbus Day weekend and then everyone can make try to make it a long weekend if they don't have to work.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    That's a thought.

7. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I know I cant do a Columbus Day Rally. I like the idea of May better.

8. HeatherMae

HeatherMae New Member

Jun 12, 2018
    How does one sign up for that if there's room? And, how big of a group is it? And, lol, all families or couples or singles or a mix?

9. Jroo

Jroo New Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I love how the "not a rally" in Schodack is now becoming an annual event as a rally... :)

10. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    The CT Rally? There's a message board for it. There's just one dry site left and one lean to site which if you have a small popup, you could fit on. There isn't electricity or water on either of those sites. Here's the link.

It's mostly families but a few couples go too.

11. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Aug 8, 2013
    The only campground with electric are wompatuck , sucesset , salisbury . wompatuck seems always open, sucesset never open and salisbury is okay .
    i might be interested. Memorial day has been salisbury for me for quiet a few years. We did not do it this year and i was told to never to do that again.
    i will be booking in December and not slack.

i am in sucesset july 19 to 20 so i will update as i was never able to get in there before. Pine acres is nice campground but if you want a cape side one with great location. Bourne scenic park cannot be beat.

They are on the bike path so have enough area for marathons and other big events every weekend. The weekend we went in may they hosted 2 marathons, one pet marathon where people either walked /jogged with dogs or the dog in a stroller.
    Their is fishing off the rocks and then you can watch the boats go by all the time.
    THe main thing is you are right before the cape so getting in and out is easier.

12. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Raynham, MA
  13. BigTap

BigTap Active Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Worcester Area, MA
    Hey you made it over here. We plan to be at the CT rally but if our camper isnt ready i am going to need to work on it that weekend to getbit ready as we leave for our 5 day friends trip 2 weeks after that and i dont wanna tent it for that trip lol.

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    It's a mix, several families, a couple thrown in here and there, at least one single. It's a great group of folks.

Strawhouse likes this.
  15. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

At the Vermont rally 9/28-9/30 at Winhall brook There is still a couple of site with Hookups and plenty without.

16. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    We have camped in many (I'd almost say most) MA parks. Plenty of great spots. Wells State Park (Sturbridge) used to be our go-to, however the mosquitos are extremely bad there due to swamp land on the property; so much so that we can't go there anymore with the kids.

Horseneck Beach is a great spot, and if people aren't concerned with a water-front site (6 months to the minute, or even further if people grab it sooner), and we find ourselves there several times a season.

We have stayed at Pine Acres, and it's nice, but the killer for me there is that after paying $75+ a night for a site, they pour a bucket of water on the fire at 11:59, without exception, even if the camper is sitting in front of it alone, in silence. A reminder at least for us, why we are state park campers. :)

Lastly, Lake Dennison is great, have stayed there MANY times over the years. Their season is often cut off at Labor Day, unfortunately, but if it worked somewhere during their season, it's a great place with many waterfront sites.

17. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
  18. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Raynham, MA
    @JimmyM According to the facebook site of the "Friends of..." it's been delayed till august due to the bathrooms need significantly more work than originally estimated.

They have finished the playground, which is good news, as well as repaved a majority of the pavement.

19. Bill Howe

Bill Howe New Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Hi, I'd be interested in a MA rally. Scusset Beach has a group field area and they just built a pavilion. Only thing is it would be boondocking.
    Keep me posted please.

20. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Aug 8, 2013
    I was there 2 week ago. the pavilion looks brand new and the picnic tables are new as well. alot of regular groups actually book the area in advance. then you can msg them and just camp there. They want you be self contained and its not a easy short walk for the kids to the bathroom . the closest in the beech bathrooms but i not sure they are opened all night. the campground bathrooms are but are a hike from the field.

I am fully contained and once watered up can stay for 2 days with my 1 battery and 48 gallon black and 48 gallon black tanks.