New, never used, 1983 Palomino Pony Canvas and/or pop up

Discussion in 'For Sale and Wanted' started by Lemonrose, Jul 17, 2017 at 3:02 PM.

1. Lemonrose

Lemonrose New Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Memphis, TN
    We received our Canvas early June, planned to install it when we did work on the roof of our Palomino... We finished the work, got the canvas going...and found out that our pop up is 1 foot longer than the canvas was made for. This is probably because it is for a different style- our pop up doesn't have any identifying marks anymore, the title claimed it was a Palomino Pony (or at least, it seems that way). We paid a bit over 1k for the canvas, and unless I add a foot of fabric to the front and back it will not work for us. Technically I could do that... but I really don't want to. I'd rather sell it to someone for whom it will actually work as intended.

I managed to fold/roll it back up so it even fits in the original box(no small feat), and I have the instructions.
    I'm willing to sell it for $800, OBO, and will ship it anywhere in the continental US. Hawaii, Alaska, or other countries, I would ask that shipping be paid- or that we split shipping, depending.

We are also selling our Pop up, but that is a local pick-up only (Memphis, TN). It has a new fantastic Fan and reinforced roof, new tires (including spare), Bal Stabilizers (not yet installed), comes with 4 golf cart batteries and controller (no solar panel), new plastic wing nuts (primarily for the door), new latches, new fire extinguisher, a new awning that I made (gray and blue striped 8'x8', French seam, waterproof canvas), etc... We'd like to sell the pop up for $1400. Included but not specific to the pop up, is a microwave, outdoor sink, stove stand & stove, as well as a little changing tent (for a toilet, shower, etc). We put a lot of work into her, but she needs a bit more- really the roof should be rebuilt, which was our next winter plan for her. We have the canvas that it came with when we bought it, but it was not original, poorly handmade, and has to be screwed in place. Ended up buying an Aliner on our journey to California, so now we don't need the Palomino.

Please let me know if you have any interest in either of these things, or suggestions of who might. IMG_20170715_135752.jpg IMG_20170715_135628.jpg IMG_20170715_135611.jpg

This is my first post on the pop up portal, so please advise if I need to post this in another location.

Thank you for looking!

2. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Have you tried to return the canvas. Could you exchange it for the correct canvas? You are probably going to take a big loss on the canvas and the camper.

3. Lemonrose

Lemonrose New Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Memphis, TN
    I contacted Popupparts, who I got the canvas through- but haven't heard back from them. Definitely going to take a loss on both, but at this point I really just want to move on. I may just sew a panel into each side of the canvas so I can sell it as one unit (and my husband thinks he might still want to do the roof over winter)... but we don't have a ton of room for an extra pop up.