New PUP's maiden voyage!

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by TrailerMomma, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Well, it's finally here, at long last. Maiden voyage begins tomorrow - a 2-night trip to a campground on Lake Erie. We camped in a borrowed PUP back in July, and in a tent in August (because the new PUP hadn't arrived yet), but finally ready to put the new PUP through it's paces! I've already tried out the various systems in the driveway, so I know how everything works and what I can expect. She's got a good furnace and heated mattresses, which is good, because the forecast low both nights is around 7-8C (about 45F or so). We get back Monday afternoon. No WiFi, but I can post pics and updates from my cellphone...

2. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Have fun!

3. IMG_2824.JPG IMG_2826.JPG IMG_2868.JPG Maiden voyage an unqualified success. The pup works excellently, and we were warm and comfortable all night long. The 20gal tank and water heater are fantastic features!

Attached Files:

Goodgollyjosh and NMroamer like this.
  4. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Looks like you had a great time.

5. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Congratulations on your new camper! Looks awesome!!

6. Redbird934

Redbird934 Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Of course they had a great time, do you see the two cups of wine? Lol

To OP, the camper is beautiful

7. Thanks, everyone. It was a great trip. Looking forward to the next one (October 6-9). Everything worked great. No issues.

HotelRoyale and JPBar like this.
  8. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Maryland
    Those heated mattresses are the cat's meow - aren't they! We had them in our Rockwood highwall and now in our Shamrock Hybrid. Love them. We were out last weekend in southern PA - the temps got down to the low 50s, but we only turned on the furnance to take the chill off in the early am and late evening. The heated mattresses kept us nice and warm all night.

Congratulations on a successful maiden trip and have many more in the future.

9. Yes, the heated mattresses ALONE are worth the price! Just the ticket for those of us in the "retirement zone". We did run the furnace one night last weekend, but ended up too warm, had to turn it down. We're learning! Also figured out that we can conserve fuel by turning off the water heater during the night - it heats up real quick! And the 20-gal tank was JUST enough for 2 nights. Could probably stretch it to a week if we used it only for drinking/cooking and got water from the water station for washing.