New Television idea!

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by tzmartin, Jan 10, 2018.

1. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
  2. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    COOL I want!!!
    Sadly will be out of my price range.

3. myride

myride Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I can bet even the 18" is more than what my trailer is worth. .lol

4. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Active Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    High tech Reynolds Wrap.

5. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE and NH
    Flexible display would be cool in a camper, but suspect it will be cost prohibitive for awhile.

We are on the midst of a 2 week camping trip and brought a TV and OTA antenna in hopes of catching an HD signal for NFL playoff games. We got lucky and were able to catch all the wildcard games we wanted to see while back in the camper.

We’re still debating if we want to tempt fate and hope for a signal where ever we are late Sat for the Pats game. We’re avid Pats fans so we would consider a hotel just to be guaranteed access to the game.

6. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I keep tabs on my COWBOYS games using FACEBOOK over the internet. All of their games are put on FACEBOOK video's and I usually pick the one with the fewer logins using it... These video downstreams are delayed just a few seconds...

Works great for me...

I also have great luck using my OTA BATWING antenna up the side of my POPUP trailer... Being in the POPUP trailer it is a good idea for us to keep tabs on the WX whenever we can... We have the 22-inch VIZIO HDTV...

[​IMG]
    We are pretty busy all day long camping off-grid somewhere and it is very nice to watch alittle TV after supper and check-in with the kids over the internet before going to bed each evening.

We even do this when Tent Camping... Battery Banks do alot for you these modern camping days...
    [​IMG]

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    That is a neat idea, I would think it is extremely light too.

8. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

That would be great for our master bedroom. Don't really want to clutter it up with a conventional TV, but something like this we could mount over a closet or something and pull it down when desired.

9. Sneezer

Sneezer Active Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    I currently haul around a 24" TV for gaming and watching movies. No antenna so no TV watching for us (we don't have cable at the house either). However, I have been looking at getting one of those small LED projectors and a collapsible screen or two. My plan was to have a screen on the countertop opposite the dinette (where we currently put the TV) and rig up some sort of mount for the projector. I was also going to use a sheet or screen material to attach onto a bunk, then I could put the projector on the bunk end shelf and watch a movie at night in bed.