New Television idea!

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by tzmartin, Jan 10, 2018.

1. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
  2. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    COOL I want!!!
    Sadly will be out of my price range.

3. myride

myride Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    I can bet even the 18" is more than what my trailer is worth. .lol

Orchid likes this.
  4. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    High tech Reynolds Wrap.

jnc likes this.
  5. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE and NH
    Flexible display would be cool in a camper, but suspect it will be cost prohibitive for awhile.

We are on the midst of a 2 week camping trip and brought a TV and OTA antenna in hopes of catching an HD signal for NFL playoff games. We got lucky and were able to catch all the wildcard games we wanted to see while back in the camper.

We’re still debating if we want to tempt fate and hope for a signal where ever we are late Sat for the Pats game. We’re avid Pats fans so we would consider a hotel just to be guaranteed access to the game.

6. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I keep tabs on my COWBOYS games using FACEBOOK over the internet. All of their games are put on FACEBOOK video's and I usually pick the one with the fewer logins using it... These video downstreams are delayed just a few seconds...

Works great for me...

I also have great luck using my OTA BATWING antenna up the side of my POPUP trailer... Being in the POPUP trailer it is a good idea for us to keep tabs on the WX whenever we can... We have the 22-inch VIZIO HDTV...

[​IMG]
    We are pretty busy all day long camping off-grid somewhere and it is very nice to watch alittle TV after supper and check-in with the kids over the internet before going to bed each evening.

We even do this when Tent Camping... Battery Banks do alot for you these modern camping days...
    [​IMG]

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    That is a neat idea, I would think it is extremely light too.

8. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

That would be great for our master bedroom. Don't really want to clutter it up with a conventional TV, but something like this we could mount over a closet or something and pull it down when desired.

9. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    I currently haul around a 24" TV for gaming and watching movies. No antenna so no TV watching for us (we don't have cable at the house either). However, I have been looking at getting one of those small LED projectors and a collapsible screen or two. My plan was to have a screen on the countertop opposite the dinette (where we currently put the TV) and rig up some sort of mount for the projector. I was also going to use a sheet or screen material to attach onto a bunk, then I could put the projector on the bunk end shelf and watch a movie at night in bed.

Orchid likes this.
  10. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    I have one at home for kids movies in the yard. Price has come way down, not hd quality but your camping ! 60 or so for the projector and 60 for the large screen. You probubly could get a smaller screen. And you can route the games on there also.

11. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

We have two TVs in our camper. And two DVD players. Both are stored in an otherwise useless long cabinet over a wheel well. The larger TV lays on top the wheel well. On one side, we have a small tv with a built in DVD player that we got for $5 at a thrift store. It's like maybe an 8" or 9" screen and perfect for one person wanting to watch a movie in bed with headphones.

The DVD player that hooks to the larger tv stores next to the wheel well with the small tv. There is really nothing else that can store and ride it that compartment, so a flat screen it is. A weather radio rides on the other side of the wheel well and power strips and extension cords in front. I suppose you could call that our electronics cabinet. [8D]

myride and Sjm9911 like this.
  12. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    If I set up the projector at the camp site we could have a movie night for all, the screen is like 9 foot x 5.

13. Whiteycracker

Whiteycracker Member

May 22, 2016
    South Chicagoland
    I installed a 2x4 with furniture legs that go into threaded anchors on each end of the 2x4 (stole idea from another member here). With a small L bracket on top that a small screw goes into to secure it to the roof. Then I put some cable screw tabs in the rear of the mount to hold/keep wires out of the way. We use the FireStick and HDTV antenna. Also put a swivel mount and a small 22" on it for the kids on those rainy days. This thing is very stable. need to take pictures..looks pretty good for a newbie.

14. TeamECKO

TeamECKO Member

Aug 6, 2016
    WA State
    I bought a roll up projector screen on Amazon, along with a micro projector (about the size of two decks of cards stacked). I set this up on my stove/sink area and have velcro for the screen in my ceiling. I connect my iPad (or you can use a DVD player) to the projector and my kids can watch a movie at night before getting ready for bed. Kind of a nice wind down at the end of a camping day to get ready for bed.