Norcold 323 Not Cooling on LP or AC

Discussion in 'Refrigerators and Coolers' started by Kvelec4326, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Kvelec4326

Kvelec4326 New Member

Jan 28, 2018
    The camper is new to me in Feb so I am not sure what was done before but it is 2010 Jayco so not too old. The fridge is a Norcold 323t and I have set it to AC for 8+ hours and it didn't cool. This weekend I tried about 5 hours on propane and same result.

I got home yesterday and pulled it out so now I have better access to it out but now can only test on AC. Using a non-contact infrared thermometer the heater tube thing gets hot (200+ degrees at the top) there isn't any yellow or smell like it is leaking.

Last night I flipped it upside down since reading that sometimes there could be a blockage. When flipping it back I could hear the fluid moving so I am assuming it is still in there. I plugged it back in this morning and will run it for awhile. Is there anything else I should try or should I say forget it and put in a "dorm" fridge?

2. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

Try waiting 18 hours to give it time to cool. Also realize that unless made in th last few years it only cools 38-42 degrees below ambient air temp.

3. Kvelec4326

Kvelec4326 New Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Okay, I will let it sit for that long. When I plugged it in this morning it was 62 inside and out of the fridge.

4. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    It may require more than a 'flip' upside down...when they sit for a long time the ammonia & water can separate, causing them to not work. I had one in an old travel trailer we lived in for a while when we first got married that didn't work. I pulled it out & rolled it end-for-end around my dad's front yard for about 20 minutes, put it back in & hooked it up, next morning the water jug we'd put in it to test with was frozen solid. We lived in it for a year, then I sold it to a friend of mine, who lived in it for 3....when he sold it, the fridge was still going strong. YMMV.

5. Kvelec4326

Kvelec4326 New Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Taking the other feedback into account I turned the fridge off an let it cool then rolled it around in my yard also. It has been more than 24 hours and the fridge is still at ambient temperature. Any other troubleshooting I should try?