NT-20SE Won't Light

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by gadget, Aug 5, 2017.

1. gadget

gadget Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Murphy's law in full effect. Taking the camper out this weekend. The temps are going to be cool overnight, 40's for lows. To keep the kids and wife happy I planned on using the furnace. I tested the furnace the day before we left, worked perfect. Now last night I tried to run it and I'm not getting any gas flow. I get spark, the fan comes on but will not ignite. Yes the tank has gas. I tried the stove and I have have flow into the camper. Thoughts?

2. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Light the stove once it lights up and runs for about 30 seconds then turn the stove burners off, you can then slide the thermostat on heater and it should light up I believe the fan will run a few seconds before the burner will ignite it may take a couple of spark cycles before it lights though. I have only used the heater once in the 2 years I have had it. Good Luck.

3. Fless

Fless Active Member

Are you on shore power now, or battery? If on battery, make sure the polarity is correct. (Reversed DC will run the furnace fan backwards and the sail switch will never open.)

When you tested it at home, were you on shore power or battery?

neighbormike likes this.
  4. gadget

gadget Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Shore power both times. We used the furnace two years ago without issue then again Thursday night to make sure everything was working. Bad gas?

5. gadget

gadget Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Ok. There must've been had in line. No gas to the stove now. Tried a different tank.l Bad regulator?

6. Douggro

Douggro Active Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    Strong possibility. Was there any gas flow to the stove at all when you tried it?

7. gadget

gadget Member

Jun 22, 2015
    I really need to check my phone's auto correct lol. Just wanted to give an update. Turns out it's was a bad pigtail. I was unaware there is a check valve in the pigtail. Apparently It was stuck in the open position just enough to let some gas through but not enough to keep anything lit.