NTU 1996 Viking 2309

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by Chrismtl, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Member

Hello everyone! The DW and I are thrilled to be the proud new owners of a well maintained 1996 2309. We are the third owners. The P-O had all the lift cables and pulleys replaced last year (and changed the plastic pulleys to steel ones.), and the year before that he had replaced all the 110V wiring, wheels and bearings. The ONLY thing I am missing is a water pump.

Without further ado... here is the new girl parked next to the old one. Her name is "Heimili" which is "home" in old Norse.

Resized_20170611_162458.jpeg Resized_20170611_162514.jpeg Resized_20170611_162624.jpeg Resized_20170611_162654.jpeg Resized_20170611_162716.jpeg Resized_20170611_162742.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    prop630 and Mausinn like this.
  2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Congratulations! Looks like a great upgrade!!

3. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Member

Thanks! it is quite the upgrade indeed. We are super happy so far and are looking forward to July 1st weekend to break her in.

4. coney

coney New Member

Sep 10, 2016
    New Jersey
    This colors look an awful like my 1999 Coachman hunter 1906. Then again Viking and Coachman were the same companies for about a 5 year period at the end of the ninties

5. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Member

Compared to the trailer we are coming from this is a HUGE improvement. Plus I don't mind the colors (Personal opinion).

6. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

Jul 3, 2008
    Iowa
    Our first pup was a 1996 Viking 2006. We enjoyed it immensely. I hope you do also.

Chrismtl likes this.
  7. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Member

I'm sure we will! We get to break her in next weekend (June 29th to July 2nd.). Anxious to try it out!

8. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Member

So, when opening the PUP up to stock it for the aforementioned trip, a pulley assembly in the left rear decided to let go. We were unable to open it for the trip and ended up using our old trailer. Since then, I brought it to be fixed. It's currently in storage awaiting the 2018 season. I have a few minor plans to start the season, like repacking/replacing the bearings, Velcroing the dinette cushions, lubricating the lift posts, deep cleaning the entire unit... Can't wait for the season to start-up!!! We're hoping to kick off the season for May long weekend!

9. NorthernSpirit

NorthernSpirit Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Haliburton, Ontario
    I would have been so disappointed! But, at least you still had your old one to use! When we brought home our new Popup, it was so cold there was no flex to the canvas to be able to set it up properly. I was hoping to set it up and sit in it for a bit! Didn't happen. Ended up just mouse proofing it and popping it back down. Looking forward to May long weekend as well, for our first trip in it!

10. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Member

First camp in the trailer and of 2018 is reserved! Back to Voyageur for May long weekend, Friday to Monday site 282. So excited to finally sleep in it!

NorthernSpirit likes this.
  11. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I am just curious to what your plans are for the old one?

12. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Member

A friend of mine now has it!

jnc likes this.
  13. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Member

Where do you guys plan on going?

14. NorthernSpirit

NorthernSpirit Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Haliburton, Ontario
    Our first trip will be at Silent Lake Provincial Park, which is about 20 minutes from where we live. We figured it would be the perfect place to go, as we'd be close to a Canadian Tire, which is also about 20 minutes from the campground and we could easily go there and get whatever we may need that we hadn't thought of. Black flies will be out an about, but they would be at home too so no big deal. We'll just pack the bug jackets and have smokey fires!

Chrismtl likes this.
  15. coney

coney New Member

Sep 10, 2016
    New Jersey
    We would like to sell our 12 ft 1999 Coachman/Viking this spring as we are going into a hybrid
    May i ask what you paid for yours ?

16. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Member

2k with the A/C unit.

17. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Member

Pinned up for the first time of 2018! Two of weekends from now I will be opening her up to reorganize and clean. Forecast is calling for freezing rain and snow over this weekend tho.

Attached Files:

18. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Member

First night done! Sssoooooooo comfy compared to the old trailer!
    20180518_203916.jpg [ 20180518_203903.jpg