Oak Mountain S.P.

Discussion in 'Alabama' started by nineoaks2004, Sep 25, 2015.

1. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    We just returned from our 2nd trip to Oak Mountain ( Wife had appts. at UAB Eye Clinic. We stayed three nights the first time and 4 nights the second time. This is a very nice park, he staff is super friendly ad helpful. Granted the rest rooms are outdated but we did not go to spend all our time in the rest rooms. This park has lots of things to do, Horse back riding, Golf, ATV trails, Hiking trails, fishing, etc. We really enjoyed both trips and will stay there when we have to go back for a follow up appt. in November. I highly recommend this State park.

2. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Thank you for the report. Ironically, I drive by the park twice a day on my way to and from work. We do not always have to go far away to have a nice break. We have talked about quick weekenders there. We have been in the park for picnics but not to camp. We hope to go someday!
    M&K

3. hootn

hootn Member

May 10, 2013
    my first trip was to oak mountain couple years ago but it was in august and found out the a/c reallly worked great. it about 40 minutes from the house.

4. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Spouse and I have stayed here twice while appointments at UAB were due. We like this park and Camping World and Walmarts are within the vicinity. I have learned my way around the area due to wifes doctors appointments and picking up items at the grocery store and parts for my motorhome. Quiet and well maintained park which we will return to over and over again.