OH - Dilon State Park (Dillon Dam)

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by jlynn58, Jan 11, 2013.

1. jlynn58

jlynn58 Active Member

Jul 9, 2011
    We live about 45 min. from this park in Lancaster. I camped here as a kid when it was built. We love it at Dillon. We camp in area 1 all the sites we have camped at are good. Restrooms are cleaned a couple times a day. A big beach that you have to drive to, lots of trails to hike or mountain bike on, a well stocked store with ice cream and fudge. it's close to Zanesville that has a lot to do there. We camp at Dillon, Deer Creek , Or Delaware most of the time. :)

2. vulcan

vulcan Member

Oct 12, 2012
    I been to Deer creek, but mostly go to Ceasers Creek the most, same as yours, clean, lake, trails and just peace and quiet.
    :) :)

3. taxguy

taxguy Sandusky, OH

May 15, 2009
    Sandusky
    Thanks for the report. We are trying to get to all the OH state parks, but have many still to go.

4. jlynn58

jlynn58 Active Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Good luck with your quest. Please give us info on the parks as you go. :)

5. mamabean5

mamabean5 Active Member

Oct 7, 2009
    These look like great destinations! My DD may be taking a job in Columbus, so I'm starting to look around the area for places to stay when we visit her. Any other recommendations?

6. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Jul 13, 2011
    Make sure you to visit the Hocking Hills area. We stayed at Hocking Hills SP. That area is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen! PM me with your email if you want to see my pictures....:)

7. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

Jul 22, 2012
    I have never camped at Dilon SP. However my DW and I camped 10 miles south of their at a place called Buffalo Hills Resort. This is a nose in the air place as all the wanted to do was to sell us a permanent camp site so we would not be able to go anywhere else. I wont be going back to snub nose Buffalo hills resort again, I did visit the town of Zanesville and found that a lot of downtown stores were vacant and for sale, I did go to the Hop A long Cassidy Museum and looked around. This place used to be a hospital many many years ago and the owner make it very clear that he was willing to deal on all the stuff he had for sale. He had a lot of Hop A Long Cassidy items, some Roy Rogers stuff, and I think other items. It turns out that Hop A Long Cassidly's home town was Zanesville, Ohio which I didn't know.

8. Lisar1969

Lisar1969 Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I know this is an old post, but Buffalo Hills is Near Seneca Lake, not Dillon SP. Hop A Long Cassidy museum is in Cambridge, not Zanesville.