Old Gizmos - how to attach?

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by scottliddell, Aug 30, 2015.

1. scottliddell

scottliddell New Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Chesapeake, VA
    So I just picked up a 2000 Coleman Fleetwood Utah with the slide out dining. Inside one of the cabinets were Gizmos for both bunk ends and one for the slide out. Maybe it's me but I cannot figure out how these attach. There are no clips, velcro, straps, anything. They are just sheets of the reflectrix with a seamed edge sewed on. I imagine these must be first generation Gizmos. My question is, are these worth the trouble it looks like its going to be to set them up and second, how do I hold them on so they don't blow off? TIA [PU]

2. Steelsun

Steelsun "We aim to misbehave"

Aug 14, 2015
    That's what I found in mine also. I picked up a bunch of spring clamps at the dollar store (got them 6 for $1) and some bungies to hold them on.

3. friartuck

friartuck Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Perry, MI
    ^^ X2. Yes lots of spring clips. My first set were the 'old' regular Gizmos that had to be clipped along the sides. I had a friend sew some Velcro on one edge and I glued and screwed the mate to the inside of the roof. Then it only takes a few clips on the sides and front to hold everything down. (I think the kit came with 5 clips per side and 3 across the front, so that gives you a place to start) Are they worth the hassle? YES!!! They will keep the bunk ends 10 - 15 degrees cooler in the sun and much warmer when you need the heater on too.

4. popupgizmo

popupgizmo Member

Jul 23, 2008
    You may have PUGS, or you may not. If the material is in fact Reflectix, then the covers are not PUGS. Either way, we can supply you with clamps for very little cost...$2.50 per pack of ten. Call us this coming week if interested.

Thanks,

Bob Pitney
    www.popupgizmos.com