On The "LONG" Road

Discussion in 'On The Road' started by PopUpSteve, Sep 20, 2017.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    i figured I'd post each of my campsites (the ones where I remembered to take a picture) from my X-Country trip. Amazing how the scenery changes each day. See if you guess where each was without reviewing my trip posts.

IMG_6645.JPG IMG_6650.JPG IMG_6785.JPG IMG_6824.JPG IMG_6829.JPG IMG_6856.JPG IMG_6904.JPG IMG_6917.JPG

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    IMG_6937.JPG IMG_6961.JPG IMG_6971.JPG IMG_7025.JPG IMG_7165.JPG IMG_7230.JPG IMG_7260.JPG

3. sgip2000

sgip2000 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Hillsboro, OR
  4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    In my heart as always and on my hat. [:D]

No time to deploy a full setup. I had my times down to a 20 minute setup and 30 minute takedown (not bad for that size camper and doing it all myself). I had a lot of miles to cover each day.

5. XKPin

XKPin There's no situation so bad it can't be made worse

Oct 28, 2016
    Gloucester, Virginia
    I saw what looked like the trees of Yellowstone NP and a picture of Devil's Tower NM too. It looks like a lot of state/private campgrounds too?

I like your style. My DW tells me she thinks I like the road trip between campsites better than the camping. There's a ring of truth to that - there is soooo much to see in America and so little time. Still, watching the sun set in the presence of all that natural beauty beats the best motel anytime!

I have a lot of pictures like those and my son keeps telling me if I don't start including some 'selfies' he's going to stop believing I was there [LOL] ! I think he's also hinting that I need to upgrade my flip-phone :eek:!

jnc likes this.
  6. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Yup the third one of the second group is fro Yellowstone and then the fifth one of that same group is at Devil's Tower WY.

7. NorcrossFlyer

NorcrossFlyer Member

Oct 26, 2015
    North Georgia
    The transition from east to west is really something. This summer we went from Georgia to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. The drive between Georgia and OKC was horribly boring but west of there it started to get interesting because we began to move from prairie to desert. I remember coming over a hill as we were entering Texas and we were all blown away by the realization that we were now in someplace completely different. One of my favorite parts of the entire trip was driving from Gallup, NM to Tuba City, AZ while listing to Willie's Roadhouse on SiriusXM. It was all so incredibly perfect.

Looking forward to next summer. Perhaps a similar trip as yours (WY)? We were already talking about it on the last leg of our drive home in July.

PopUpSteve likes this.
  8. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    I also went through Radiator Springs up on Route 66.
    IMG_6908.JPG

Tzigane, COmtnwmn and kcsa75 like this.
  9. penny

penny Active Member

Nov 9, 2017
    this is so inspiring! I'm working on things right now to make our little pup into a quick set up rig. we are planning a couple of long trips, and really do want to take the pop up instead of our older class b type road trip queen.

10. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    Have fun, we love road trips. I'm going to guess photo is in the state of LA and 5 is in TX

11. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing, now to plan for the next one :) Good Luck and Happy Camping