OR -- Valley of the Rogue SP

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by SummerSchool, Aug 19, 2009.

1. SummerSchool

SummerSchool New Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Reno, Nevada
    Valley of the Rogue State Park near Medford was a dream come true for my little family. Finally a park with grass worthy of playing on! Still, it had the pine trees and campy atmosphere you would want, but as the mama, I loved not having my kiddo filthy every minute of the day.

We were in F Loop (floop, my famlily called it), which had water and electric to each site. It also had clean restrooms, showers, vending machines, laundry facilities, plenty of bike paths, and the Rogue River just a short walk away.

Perfection for $16 per night!

Lori, George and Fiona
    2005 Fleetwood Yuma
    2008 Honda Pilot

2. jpcjtrtj

jpcjtrtj New Member

Sep 13, 2009
    We've stayed in Floop 2x this last summer. A very nice campgroung. Close to medford, not too close to I-5. We love the free showers.

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

May 20, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    This Oregon state park is located at mile maker 48 on I-5, between Medford and Grants Pass. Its major negative feature is that it is immediately next to the freeway so traffic noise is an issue. In fact, there is a Rest Area accessible by the same exit that leads to the park. It is mostly flat with a grass lawn for ground cover. There are deciduous and fir trees but they are widely spaced so there is essentially no privacy between the sites, which are reasonably spaced but certainly not large. It has 167 sites and six yurts spread over six loops. Loop A has 22 tent-only sites. Loops B/C and D/E are unusual in that they are concentric circles, Loop C being inside Loop B and E inside of D. I stayed in Site E9 in March. Loop F, where I stayed in Site F1 (in May), is a rectangle with one cross road through it. The sites range in pad length up to 80+ feet but all are back-in. The tent sites have no hook-ups. Most other sites have full hook-ups but there are a few that only have electricity. The roads and site pads are paved with asphalt and are essentially level. Sites have fire rings and tables. There are flush toilets, showers, a laundry, trash facilities, boat launch ramp and a dump station. There are also some trails and an amphitheater for events. The entire CG is reservable but there are provisions for visitors without reservations. When I was there in March the cost was $20 per night but it was $24 in May. For me this is an acceptable one-night stop-over park but I would not spend time there because it is far too civilized for my taste.

Here is Site E9, March 2012
    [​IMG]

4. froggie

froggie New Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks for the info.