Ordering our PUGs today

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by adrianpglover, Jun 1, 2015.

1. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Got a beach trip coming up and DW and I aren't sure the AC alone will be enough. So when he opens in an hour, going to call Bob and place my order. Looking at the SHW version with the Velcro attached. A few questions though...

What size Velcro is on the PUG?

From the description, it looks like the PUG for the slide out is a HW version. Is this correct?

How quick was the shipping for these? Was there any options for expedited shipping if it wasn't quick enough for you?

Most of these concerns will be answered when I call, I'm sure. Just wondering if someone will see this and reply before I call.

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We always received our PUGs quickly, within a few days.

IIRC, the Vecro was ~1". That was the size we stapled to the inside of the roof line on the Cobalt.

don't know about the slide-out, we didn't have one.

You will enjoy having the PUGs, if we still had a pup we would not camp without them. They made a big difference in hot and cold weather. We never had a/c either, but they still were a big help in keeping things comfortable.

3. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Even with our A/C when we were at Huntsville SP for Easter weekend the middle of the camper was nice and cool, but you sure could feel the IR heat on the bunkends. And that was in speckled shade too.

Order placed.

Velcro size: 1"

They did confirm that the slide out is a HW version since the depth is so short, there would be no real benefit to the extra shock cords.

They don't have ones made up for my camper at the moment, but said they would ship out no later than Wednesday and should arrive between Friday and Monday.

Also, since I live in Texas, shipping was less.