Overland's 88 Coleman Colorado

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Overland, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Overland

Overland Member

May 1, 2013
    Bristol, Pa
    Could use some input..

Installed the single bed slide, nice and tight fit after taking a wire wheel/drill to the aluminum track prior to installation and clean up a bit of oxidation/corrosion. It slides ok but could be a little easier, and has me wondering what I could use to aid it. I have the usual grease guns, white lithium grease etc but figure that could get a bit messy.. I also have some powdered graphite I use for the Jeeps lock cylinders. Thinking this might be my best bet but wanted to ask those in the know.

What do you guys/lady's recommend?

2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

You wont go wrong with the Graphite. I use PBlaster Silicone spray with a piece of cardboard to use as a shield for the canvas.

Overland likes this.
  3. Overland

Overland Member

May 1, 2013
    Bristol, Pa
    Thank You jnc..

Did a search and found out about "dry lube" which is recommended on most forums for this application. I'll pick up a can and try that first.

jnc likes this.
  4. Overland

Overland Member

May 1, 2013
    Bristol, Pa
    Just a quick update of this mornings progress. 48 hours ago we laid 2 coats of TEC primer on the floor at a 1:1 ratio then laid the vinyl peel and stick planking this am. Happy with it..

Glad it cooled off here a bit but still warm, time to get things done before it gets too warm under the shelter were working in.

vinylplank1.jpg

vinylplank2.jpg

WVhillbilly, hq308, Sjm9911 and 3 others like this.