Palomino Owners

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by pej, May 18, 2014.

1. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

If everything is level check the frame underneath the door. My '05 Palomino Pony was having more and more issues with this, and we finally realized that the C-channel that supports the floor under the door had separated from where it was welded onto the main frame due to a failed weld. This is already a pretty weak spot due to the wheel wells.

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    You didn't use the stabilizers to help level it did you ? big No No ...

Willing to bet that the P.O or someone has used the stabs to level the trailer and they have actually bent the outer frame. this would cause a situation like yours ...

3. Nwatts8612

Nwatts8612 New Member

Jun 12, 2016
    elimra ny
    does anyone have an 04' pony 280? i have a few questions.

thanks!

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Best bet is to ask the questions, while we didn't have a Pony we did have an '04 Mustang and many of the things were similar..

5. tfischer

I have an '05 Pony... not sure what the 280 is but as was mentioned there are a lot of similarities between models and very little changes each year other than cosmetics.

6. MikesRaleigh

MikesRaleigh Member

Feb 2, 2013
    We have a 99 Palomino Filly, and for the most part I love it. Its the only one I could find that fits all 5 of us and the dog, that we could still tow with our Odyssey. Biggest issues we have is the door frame (like a lot of others I see) not squaring off so the door doesn't close tight, and the lights randomly stopped working one trip. The door frame we just deal with because I assume the frame is slightly bent. As for the lights, since everything else works (AC, Fridge, outlets), I'm assuming there is a loose wire somewhere. Since the only time I am able to open it up really is when we are out on a trip, and since the last thing I want to do when out camping is to try and rewire a camper, I found the simplest solution I could think of...I Bought a LAMP!!

7. tfischer

Check your momentary switch under the sink. Ours literally fell apart shortly after acquiring our camper. I was able to put/glue it back together and it's been working ever since.

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    For ceiling lights, also check the wires leading up to the roof (ours were in a sleeve at one corner) and along the roof side boards. There are connectors that can become unplugged.

9. pej

pej Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I agree with the last two comments on lighting. Also, pull out the drawer under the sink and check the connectors on the switch. As for the door issue, my door works best when I have all my leveling feet down - front and back with some pressure on them. That seems to bend the frame slightly in my favour. The door buttons up top work better and the door always latches.

Peter

PEJ
    2001 Palomino Pony 21/2011 Ford Escape
    headpond.ca/Palomino.html

10. justincdst

justincdst Member

May 20, 2016
    Sorry about late reply but I will check that out. Im planning on remodeling the inside and going down that rabbit hole so I was planning on beefing up the frame than anyway.

Cheers

11. kmunroe

kmunroe New Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Looking for a 1995 Mustang manual.

Thanks!

Kenny E likes this.
  12. Kenny E

Kenny E New Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Southaven, MS
    Looking for a 1995 Mustang Manual as well. I can't access the "manual" page. It keeps giving me an error, or taking me back to the main forum page.

13. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    We loved our Palomino. When it was totaled out last year, the whole family was sad. It was my kids' vacation home so to speak. It was a lot easier to work on then the Coleman I bought to replace it.

Kenny E likes this.
  14. Kenny E

Kenny E New Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Southaven, MS
    This one seems to be easy to work on as well. Just got through putting new tires, bearing buddies, lubed the goshen lift system, resealed all the external cracks, new battery box and hitch lock. Replaced a broken slide out stop with a hunk'a steel bar. I was going to change the anode on the water heater, but it is siezed in there pretty well and I didn't want to break something apllying too much force. PB blaster over night didn't help it any. Wondering if there is a secret to that? We are taking her over to Mr. Petite Jean, Ark this weekend to for her post prepping maiden voyage. Excited about that!

15. moonpost

moonpost New Member

Apr 2, 2017
    Minnesota
    First post so be gentle...
    I've been lurking/researching a while and yesterday bought a 2001 Palomino Pony 20 that appears to be in really decent condition. It has the original manual in pristine condition so I will scan it and upload it to the manuals section (http://www.popupportal.com/manuals/Palomino/) in the next few days. It says "Rev 2/97" on it so I assume it'd be good for 1997-2001 at least since it came with mine.
    Anyway, the kids and I are eager to do the first night in our backyard!

theseus and rerspain like this.
  16. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    Excellent! I would have love to seen this when I had my Palomino. My experience is that Palomino changed the manuals only when there was a major change. This one would span the missing gap in the manual section.

17. moonpost

moonpost New Member

Apr 2, 2017
    Minnesota
    theseus likes this.
  18. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    Very nice. I skimmed it. It has some minor differences from the wording in the 02 revision. Thanks!

19. skeeter

skeeter New Member

Mar 30, 2016
    SC PA
    Thanks for the upload! I have a 2000 Palomino Filly and I am still struggling with what to do with the stabilizers for setup and breakdown. Should they be lowered before or after the roof is raised??? I have always lowered them before raising the roof and closed them up before lowering the roof which is basically following the "down up, up down" rule. Just wondering if anyone has any insight into the right or wrong way for Palominos.

20. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    I always did the stabilizers after raising the roof and before lowering it. I found that it raised and lowered with less binding of the lift arms that way.