Palomino Owners

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by pej, May 18, 2014.

1. WestCoastCanada

WestCoastCanada New Member

Jul 9, 2017
    Vancouver, BC
    Hi All
    I'm a new member as of this moment! We picked up a 2006 Yearling 4101 and I have been looking through the comments on this forum. Lots of great info and shares. We will be taking the trailer out in the next while and I look forward to sharing our experiences with you.

I am looking for an owners manual if there is a specific one for this model. I have found the generic manuals many of you have spoken about and have looked at the "Index of/Manuals/Palomino/" on the portal with a 2005 manual being the closest thing.

I owned a 1973 canvas fold down trailer several years ago. It was a basic tent on a trailer and it had no extra features other than some alligator clips to hook to the car battery for a dome light. This trailer has so much more to know about. When I am able to take some pictures and post them it would be great if someone could direct me to info, or share their knowledge, on how to operate the furnace/fridge from the outside panel.
    cheers

2. ST Dog

ST Dog Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Rocket City, USA
    The manuals are all generic. Of little use.

For additional equipment like the fridge, furnace, AC, etc, find the manual for the item in question.

Kenny E likes this.
  3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Way back on page one or two of thread I posted that a number of years ago I was looking for a manual for our NTU 2004 Palomino 6147. When I contacted Palomino directly by phone, I was told all they had were generic manuals since the early 2000's when the storage building that housed all the model specific manuals up to that point had burnt to the ground.. I was told then that while they would like to offer digital copies they weren't able tp as many of the original manuals had yet to be scanned..

So as mentioned.. You can get a generic manual and then look for the others for appliances on the specific manufactures sites ( this is exactly what the current Palomino manual package consists of if you buy new)..

4. PapaScott

PapaScott New Member

Jul 9, 2017
    Purchased a used 2002 Palomino Pony. First pop up camper. used it a few times last year noticed things after I bought it. Didn't look close to the roof inside and out (at least not knowing what to look for) after bringing it home discovered the floor had been repaired. Linoleum had a large slice in it in front of the galley, appeared to be stapled down (will become a recurring theme) and covered with a white caulk. Canvas was also stained and had patches that looked like tape and some minor holes to the screens (which appear to be a little brittle) used it a few times last summer no real big surprises and had a couple of leaks but chalked it up to not being properly set up. after storing for the winter and noticed when setting up to clean and prep it for camping that the center metal "support" beam was sagging and a couple screw had come loose. Finally got to looking further into it and removed the beam. all the screws were rusted in and would not come loose from the metal beam. Water had been sitting inside the U-shaped metal beam and the wood underneath was wet. it was then that I noticed the whole right side of the roof (opposite of galley) was bubbly an was actually a plastic shower type board. I pulled and it came off revealing wet wood which looked dark and was probably moldy. it was not all one piece on the end closest to the front of the camper was a 4" piece (why it was not one solid piece I don't know (perhaps it was repaired twice?) that piece was actually stapled in and covered again with a white caulk. I'm now in the process of removing the roof paneling (down close to the Styrofoam) Discovered the back wall (roof) had been replaced and the front wall (roof) is moldy and rotting. Why these pieces are exposed wood is a head scratcher. So I'm now in the process of fixing the roof (with out a garage or suitable dry space. and I have a short time frame in which to get it camping ready less than 3 weeks. Considering ordering a new canvas (may just need to repair) replacing the flooring (linoleum) having the roof covered with a spray on bedliner to eliminate any future leaks.

Kenny E likes this.
  5. Colette Dolan

Colette Dolan New Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Hi,
    I am looking for a parts schematic for a 2006 Palomino Yearling 4127. We have had to replace the canvas and need a canvas retainer track. The local parts carrier needs a part number due to the manufacturer, Forest River not having pictures of parts.

6. Kenny E

Kenny E New Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Southaven, MS
    Good luck to all of you new owners. Collette, have you checked with the company who now holds the patterns for the replacement canvas to see if they can provide you with a part number or some assistance in locating the track you need? I got this number from Forest River and ordered a patch kit for my 2005 Palomino Mustang. I believe this is the correct one.... Camper and Recreation 715-255-8142. If anyone needs a new lift system, you can contact Goshen directly at 574-533-4108.

7. Kenny E

Kenny E New Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Southaven, MS
    I have a freshwater holding tank water pump question. Doing a first time check out this past trip on my holding tank, and the pump was not working. Checked all fuses, etc and just figured the pump was bad. I popped it up in my driveway today and on closer inspection, I noticed that the black wire coming from the pump, only about 9" long, was not connected to anything. The red wire runs to the pump switch. Am I correct in assuming this black wire is a ground? I don't see anything within reach that the black wire might have been attached to, perhaps it was one of the mounting screws for the pump, but they appear to be just screwed through the wall panel. Will it be sufficient to just connect this black wire to any other black wire in the area, or perhaps run a new wire to any other screw/point that is grounded to the frame?
    Thanks all! You guys are a great resource!