Palomino Owners

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by pej, May 18, 2014.

1. mytaxis

mytaxis New Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Just got a Palomino Yearling 2005. She's real dirty, but other than a roof/seam sealing, seems good. I've taken off all the curtains, seat & bed covers and ran them through the wash. Washing the foam cushions is a task to not take lightly!!! Anyone else have their valance stapled to the roof? Same staples that the cupboards and things were put together with, so I'm pretty sure this was done at the factory. She's built much cheaper and lighter than my last 1977 Bonair, that's for sure.

2. Caper

Caper Member

Jul 31, 2017
    we are starting our second year with our NTU 2008 Palomino Real Lite 1002. so far we have done a few mods but nothing drastic. I did do some replacing of staples with wood screws.
    Its in great shape but needed some love lol.

3. Kerrie Kern

Kerrie Kern New Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Pennsylvania
    Hi All! New to this thread, my Husband and I recently purchased a 2002 Palomino Yearling-FG. Was wondering if anyone found a manual for this camper. Also wondering if it can be hooked up to a battery when power connection is not available. So far, we love it! We have done one successful camping trip with it and will be doing another this weekend. We are new camper owners as well.

4. Dougcaple

Dougcaple New Member

Jan 2, 2018
    New Port Richey, Florida
    I have a 96 hardside txl and have a few questions about the set up. Once we have it all set up it seems very flimsy and the top and walls can sway from side to side a bit is this normal? Is there a brace I am missing?

5. omahadlr

omahadlr Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Fairview Heights, IL.
    Besides the lock above the door there is a slide lock on top of the board that raises inside by the stove/sink area. Also, make sure that all 4 of your stabilizers are snug and trailer is level.

6. midwestcoaster

midwestcoaster New Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Hi All!
    I'm looking for your wisdom! I have a 2001 Palomino Colt CH that I purchased in August 2017 and I need help with the canopy/awning. I can't figure out if there are pieces missing or if I'm just dumb about setting it up. There's the vinyl cover - the actual canopy, and two adjustable metal legs that seem to fit into two holes in the ends of the bar that goes through the outer edge of the canopy.... and that's it. There are no brackets on the camper for the legs to fit into and no braces/rafters. Are there pieces missing? I'd really like to have a functioning canopy so I'm trying to figure out if
    a) I have everything I need... I just have to learn how to set it up (is there a manual or online resource for this? I've looked and can't find anything)
    b) I'm missing some pieces and can purchase replacements somewhere
    c) I'm not missing anything, but some additional pieces might help (but what pieces and where to buy?)
    d) I should just replace the whole thing

The vinyl on the canopy is actually in really good condition. No holes or tears. I took it off completely and cleaned it really well - it's practically brand new looking! I'd really like it if the solution is a, b, or c, but I'm not opposed to d if that's really the best path. Can anyone out there help me out?

7. midwestcoaster

midwestcoaster New Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Good news.... I figured it out! The two poles are telescoping but there is nothing that holds their position - they just freely slide. I was super confused by this but have it figured out. There are loops on the outer pole. When I attach some paracord to the loop and attach the other end of the paracord to a stake and stake it into the ground, it creates enough of a bow to the pole that the poles stay in the position I want them in. So all I needed was some paracord and tent stakes, both of which I already had. It would be tricky to put up with one person, but probably not impossible. I'm really glad I figured it out... it really made our recent camping trip perfect!

8. Karlon

Karlon New Member

Aug 3, 2018
    We just bought a 1997 mustang. Second hand. We can't figure out the support bars on the king side. Has two bars that fit the tongue of the trailer and a second pair have a locking elbow on them, they fit the base of the trailer. The top of these bars have a right angled end. Where do they fit on the bottom of the bed? The slot on the bed is not deep enough to hold two bars. Thanks

9. ST Dog

ST Dog Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Rocket City, USA
    I only have the 2 on the tongue on my '99 Filly.

10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Those second set of bars might hook over the front edge of the wall prior to sliding the bunk out..

11. Karlon

Karlon New Member

Aug 3, 2018
    That is how they work. Our son in law watched a YouTube video and figured it out. Thanks for your reply!!

12. Juan orozco

Juan orozco New Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Hi everyone
    I am new here and on trailers as well yay finally out of the floor!!
    I purchased a palomino Colt 1995
    It seems in good shape but the inside lights and the one above the door are not working, open where the connections are and I see some sort of circuit for light interrupted
    Does anyone have a manual that I could read and see if I can put it together? I have to say every outlet works so I can plug anything on the tent trailer and it works (that is pretty positive)
    Thanks to all

13. linny123

linny123 New Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Hello!
    We just purchased a 2007 Palomino Mustang (M6149 I think) with a slide out dinette. A bigger floor plan then our previous 1997 Starcraft Venture for sure. It will need a few upgrades-pretty sure Bear Creek will be doing a new canvas for us soon-hoping for a winter sale! For now we are wondering if anyone has an owners manual for a year near this so we can read all about it instead of fumbling our way around :) Thanks in advance

Juan orozco likes this.
  14. Lebowski16

Lebowski16 New Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Hartford area CT
    We recently purchased a 96 palomino filly and thought we were either stupid or missing parts. We had the same idea you did! Seems like it could have been better constructed though. Ive seen other pop ups with better awning design

15. CarolJones

CarolJones New Member

Oct 22, 2018

16. CarolJones

CarolJones New Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Just purchased a 1989 palomino mxl hard side pop up. Furnace and fridge do not seem to work, can anyone advise if it's suppose to have a thermostate and where it's suppose to be? All instructions say turn thermostate to heat and turn up..i can't find one..

17. Balthisar

Balthisar Active Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Plymouth, MI USA
    My 1991 TXL has a thermostat on the brace for the wall, roadside. My lift system is internal (Goshen), so if you don't have that, you might not have the wall brace. The thermostat is a standard, old-school mechanical type that you'd recognize from older homes.