Parting out: Coleman Sequoia

Discussion in 'For Sale and Wanted' started by bullit, Apr 9, 2018.

1. bullit

bullit No matter where you go... there you are

Oct 8, 2013
    I haven't identified the exact model year but I think it's a 1982 model. Its mostly complete and usable, but hasn't been registered for 15 years and I've decided to use the trailer frame for another project. Let me know if theres anything you need. I've listed some of the highlights below.

- Canvas replaced about 3 years ago and in great shape (Bear Creek Canvas)
    - Replaced the whiffletree with a new machined one
    - Original propane heater and thermostat in good shape, though never used by me
    - rack bars ? (Not completely sure how much weight they were made to hold, but I don't think I would trust my bike up there
    - Door lock and key

Im going to start stripping it next weekend and would love to make sure these parts get more use where possible!

Im in the Los Angeles area.

Attached Files:

2. Bjplunk

Bjplunk New Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Hi!

I'd be interested in the canopy to modify for use with my Columbia, what were you thinking you'd like for it?

Thanks,
    Ben

3. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    I'd be interested in the roof corner caps if they're not cracked too badly, thanks.

4. bullit

Oct 8, 2013
    Hi Ben,

Just making sure I understood correctly, but are you referring to the canvas? If so, please feel free to make an offer. It has a couple of spots to clean up (which I will probably do if I have the time when I pull them off, but is in amazing shape). Im honestly open to any reasonable offer.

Cheers,
    Josh

5. bullit

Oct 8, 2013
    Hi Wynn,

They're not horrible, but they do look fragile. I was waiting to see if anyone wanted the whole top first, but...

Cheers,
    Josh

6. bullit

Oct 8, 2013
    Quick update to this thread... I have mostly scrapped the trailer, but the following items are set aside and looking for a home.

- Bear Creek Canvas (3 years old, excellent shape, tinted windows)
    - Propane furnace & thermostat (looks like it was never used)
    - Icebox - This is the original one that secures on the counter as a fridge, but also sits like a normal ice chest (Brown colors)
    - Top latches
    - curtains
    - Lift mechanisms
    - Machined whiffletree (still to be removed)

Make me an offer -- They need new homes!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  7. Pozi

Pozi Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Interested in the curtains. Do you also have the valances? Please PM or post photos.

8. morgantracy

morgantracy New Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Do you have a table? If so, can you send or post photo? Want to make sure its compatible with my PuP.

9. jsalexan7

jsalexan7 Flatlander

Aug 4, 2011
    I would be interested in the door if it'll still around somehow and fit my 86 Sequoia. Supposedly the part # is 4733R5161 if that helps any

My latest SPUT involved a busted door swing arm just as I was coming down on it and the door is now being held closed by the top and prayer. Thankfully she was popped in the driveway for a bedrail replacement and a new canvas so I don't have to try to drive with it like that.

I have no idea what the step should cost but I saw one for a sun valley on Ebay for 160. It's for a 1990 which may be too new for my old girl. I don't remember the cutoff year when Coleman changed up its designs significantly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COLEMAN-FL...379?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

I'd rather go through somebody parting out the same model (ish, your floorplan is very different) than ebay. Payment method would be whatever you decide works best for you.

Pretty sure the shipping to Omaha Nebraska will be a killer though so please factor that into the asking price. Without a weight I can't calculate shipping. None of the major carriers accept "bloody heavy" as a valid weight for their shipping cost calculators. :)

10. Sergey Ustinov

Sergey Ustinov New Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Good afternoon! I have my Coleman Sequola caravan 1988, bought it accidentally, and it is in very poor condition, I intend to completely restore it for further travel. I want to buy from you: - Bear Creek Hill (3 years old, excellent shape, tinted windows)
    - Propane-oven and thermostat (it seems, it was never used)
    - Icebox. It is original, which fixes on the counter like a refrigerator, but also sits like a normal ice chest (brown colors)
    - Top shutters
    - curtains
    - lifting mechanisms
    - Treated whiffletree (still to be removed)
    - entrance door covers and mattress guides (rollers) beds, and I need delivery to Russia, Moscow

11. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Oregon
    @bullit

I know this post is somewhat old but any chance this is still sitting around? pics via email or IM if its possible

Thanks

12. 17inferno

17inferno New Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Are parts still available? I have a few I'm looking for if so.

13. Shale

Shale New Member

Nov 11, 2018
    Difficult to follow the thread with all the different years of posting. Do you perhaps still have the canopy available?
    Thanks.

14. bullit

Oct 8, 2013
    My apologies all. Work and life got in the way and forgot about this thread.. I still have the following:
    - Bear Creek Canvas complete set
    - Coleman propane heater
    - 2 almost brand new wheels and tires

15. Sergey Ustinov

Sergey Ustinov New Member

Jul 6, 2018

Good day! I am interested in what condition the set of canvases and gas heater, if you can take a photo and send it to me in the mail 7991199@gmail.com