POLL / PETS do you camp with or without them

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by jnc, May 17, 2016.

1. SBradley

SBradley Member

Jun 30, 2016
    I've taken my dog, she's a mini poodle/bichon type thing. She always liked a hike in the woods, but for me, I like to explore and sight see and that's difficult with a pooch. She HATED me when I rented a double inner tube and we floated down a river together in it. She finally curled up for a nap when the trip was almost over. She very old now, on meds, doesn't see very well and sleeps most of the time.

I was in a tent back then; not sure how I feel about leaving her in the PUP while I'm gone.
    What does everyone else do when they leave?

2. NMroamer

NMroamer Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Albuquerque NM
    IMG_20160809_072215.jpg our camping companion.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    Take ours with us... If there is only two of us then one stays in the truck with the dogs while the other does the shopping, washing, sight seeing (if the dogs aren't allowed) or what ever..

4. Cndngrl

Cndngrl New Member

May 22, 2017
    It's a yes and no with me. Mines a 10yr old she mix. When she was younger she always came. But now she's slowing down, and gets car sick easily. So if I'm going someplace fairly close with more of a plan to relax and not do much hiking and sight seeing she comes. That being said I know of 2 trips already this year where she will be staying behind. Those she's going to be staying with my parents. Whom spoil her more than they spoil my kids;) even knowing that I feel guilty for leaving her behind.