Popularity Poll

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Unstable_Tripod, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

May 20, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    Please identify the place in North America that you would most like to visit on a camping trip and perhaps say a few words about why it's your choice. It doesn't matter if you have a realistic chance of ever getting there.

2. 1madscot

1madscot Member

Nov 6, 2010
    I can't narrow it down to just one, would three be allowed (too bad if it's not... ;P pfffftt)

1st, Colonial Willamsburg. I have a history degree in addition to being a reenactor, this is more or less a Mecca for me, same as my second choice, which is...

2nd, L'ance Aux Meadows Newfoundland, the site of the only confirmed viking settlement in North America. I know, there are supposedly others, but this is the only one there is no denying.

3rd, Mt Rushmore, just want to stand in the majesty of the area, look at the monument to three surveyors and that other guy.

3. Sushidog

Sushidog Member

Jan 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Heading up my bucket list is the giant sequoias. Though I lived in CA for over 10 years, I never got the chance to go - always working, with only one day off at a time. If I make it to retirement, that's the first place I'm headed.

Chip

bob barnes likes this.
  4. CANTget RIGHT

CANTget RIGHT New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    MINE MOS DEF ALASKA IN THE SPRING , SO BEAUTIFUL AND SO MUCH TO SEE.

5. SUPERKSR

SUPERKSR New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Rocky Mountains. NO HUMIDITY. Beautiful. Family in Denver.

6. Mosbyranger

Mosbyranger Onward, thru the fog...

May 29, 2009
    Western Colorado
    I think I'd like to spend fall in the New England area.
    MR

bob barnes likes this.
  7. joet

joet Active Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Like to spend a summer in Alaska, as I have done winter

8. DigitalGuru

DigitalGuru Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Michigan
    Trying to narrow down to one.... man that is tough. Just got the pup this year so the list is long:
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula (anywhere on the water)
    Yellowstone
    Grand Canyon
    Cape Cod
    Redwoods in Cali
    Vancouver
    New Orleans
    Alaska
    Lake Tahoe

I need to go camping!

DG

9. NYgranny

NYgranny New Member

Too many spots to pick just one! Maybe Alaska ( but probably will not get there). Have also never been to Cal or Fla--Those are probably more realistic goals. We DID get to Mt Rushmore on our cross-country trip in 1990. It is AWESOME!! I think my favorite stop on that trip.

10. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Mar 30, 2009
    Oklahoma
    After spending quite a bit of time with the hubs in Oregon this summer, yep, that's where I wanna camp. It's gorgeous up there!

11. NeedtoRoam

NeedtoRoam Colorfull Colorado

Dec 29, 2008
    Centennial, Colorado
    I'm with Mosbyranger, New England or Maine in the fall, it's got to be great.

12. Hawkester

Hawkester Hawkesnest

May 23, 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Yellowstone! but with another bear attack, the wife just put the nix on that again! so the Oregon Coast or Oregon Mountains, or Oregon foothills.........

13. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Clinton, Illinois
    Alaska, I know I will never get there but, in my dreams we camp all the up to Alaska. At this point of the game, I would be happy to make it to Canada.

14. EastBeast

EastBeast NO soup for you!

Jul 20, 2010
    I have to say Grand Canyon and Yosemite just for the iconic nature of it. So far away from me though.
    On my short list would be Eastern Canada. Hopping across the (fairly close) border to camp in another country would be a great experience.

15. papachaz

papachaz New Member

Jun 26, 2011
    first choice - somewhere beside a stream where i can see the Salmon run, and if that's not far enough north to see the Northern Lights, that's my second choice.

Grand Canyon, Mt Rushmore, Niagra Falls, in no particular order afterwards

16. dubluvr

dubluvr Life Is Good

Apr 6, 2011
    Chaco Canyon, its history appeals to me.

17. RhinoDave

RhinoDave New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Lake Orion, Mi.
    Grand Teton National Park or Arches National Park, They are both quite a bit different from all the other areas that I have camped and vacationed in or around. I have been lots of places East of the Mississippi but West of it, I have only been in California and South Texas.

18. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Aug 27, 2010
    the wonders of the world, it's history [8D]

19. shannonnc78

shannonnc78 New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    The West: Southwest (AZ, NM), West (CA), and Northwest (WA, OR, AK). We are actually planning on doing this one (or two or three) summer(s) (maybe not AK, but who knows) when DS is old enough to appreciate it.

20. apachejeep

apachejeep New Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Santa Ynez, California
    Big Sky Country..........................Montana.