Popularity Poll

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Unstable_Tripod, Aug 29, 2011.

1. unclemark

unclemark Overland Park, KS

May 15, 2014
    Overland Park, KS
    Banff. Yosemite. Rainier. Grand Canyon. Red Fish Lake, Idaho. Cimarron National Grassland in Kansas. Black Mesa, Oklahoma. I could go on and on.

2. gopherit

gopherit New Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Oregon and northern California!

3. steveonzakon

steveonzakon Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Oregon coast - Missed that on last summer's trip through Oregon.
    Grand Tetons
    Glacier National Park
    Yosemite - Been there late spring, early fall and winter, but never camped there. Oddly I think winter was my favorite.
    Yellowstone

4. WNCcampingCrew

WNCcampingCrew Member

Sep 18, 2014
    So far we've only camped w/ Bessie at Cascade Lake in NC. It's 30 minutes from home, so it's an easy trip yet we still feel like we're away from it all. We're already planning our trips for next year. Cascade Lake is gorgeous and the campground is well-maintained. The hosts are great and the bathrooms are clean. The leaves are changing now, too, which just adds to the natural beauty of the lake.

We also plan to camp at Davidson River in Pisgah National Forest. We're spoiled by living in the mountains and having an abundance of options.

5. TheEvilKaren

TheEvilKaren "That's what I do; I drink and I know things."

Jan 2, 2015
    Alaska, just because I haven't been there and have always wanted to. Even though we make it to the Canadian Rockies about every ten years, that would be a close second, followed by our favorites -- Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier, Arches, and Rocky Mountain.

[CP] [TV]

6. yjgirl32

yjgirl32 New Member

Apr 9, 2015
    I would LOVE to camp at Yellowstone. Husband says its too far to travel.
    Grand Canyon is another one which husband also says is too far to travel to.

7. tjmama

tjmama New Member

May 12, 2014
    Yellowstone is mandatory on the bucket list. I camped there as a kid but we lived in Wyoming. Alaska - all of it is also on my bucket list.

8. RABID59

RABID59 Member

Jan 2, 2014
    The Grand Canyon

9. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Any place in Fl. is ok with me.. my opinion of course Fl. has the nicest state parks anywhere and usually, the finest park rangers and workers.

10. jerbear

jerbear Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Indiana
    Tough question .Alaska comes to mind first . Not wilderness , I want to be by other pups for this one.

11. MarcnAngel

MarcnAngel New Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Alaska for the destination and the journey.

12. mraymus

mraymus New Member

Jun 16, 2015
    I'm currently 20 miles south of the Canadian border in Washington. Wondering if it's possible for me to make it to Alaska this year or if it's getting too late in the season and I should try it another year. I'm truly tempted. The one state I haven't been to in the US.

13. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Aug 2, 2011
    I'd tackle that journey in July or early August but not in September. Right now, you're looking at 50 to 55 degree daytime highs and it's going to get pretty chilly at night.

I'd bank the time for next year when it's warm and head up there for a trip you can really enjoy.

14. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Probably Caladesi Island since DH got a walking stick medallion from there by mistake. He hasn't "earned" it but put it on anyway. Let's make him legit. (I have no idea how to get the TrailManor over to the island, but then we could always borrow a tent!) [:D]

15. idowatsu

idowatsu New Member

Jul 2, 2014
    [CC] That would be Cuneo Creek Horse Camp in Humboldt Redwoods State Parks
    I have been going here for the last 40 yrs. The trail system is extensive to ride in and there are safe facilities for the horses and people. I have been a member of a few horse clubs that put on competitions here for the last 2 decades. I will be going there next weekend for the first time this year and again a couple weeks after that.

16. cztardust

cztardust Member

May 29, 2013
    Here, here! I'll second that. Actually knocked around the thought of living there!

17. Furdy

Furdy Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Homer, Alaska

18. OutofOffice

OutofOffice New Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Yellowstone, Yosemite, UP Michigan...

And I would love to camp somewhere beachfront. Gulf coast maybe in October...

19. Redbird

Redbird Member

Feb 28, 2016
    West Michigan, USA
    The number one place on my camping bucket list is Yellowstone National Park.

There are a TON of places out west I'd love to see: Yosemite, Devils Tower, Arches National Park, etc.

20. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Devils tower is flat out amazing!!! Very easy paved trail around the monument!! I didn't camp, but stayed in Huelet at a little Inn right on the river!!