Popularity Poll

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Unstable_Tripod, Aug 29, 2011.

1. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    My dream is that fancy campground right on Key West. The warmest, sunniest, most tropical place I could drive a camper to!!! Don't think we'll ever get the PUP that far. But DH and I have dreams of moving to the "silver side" (Airstream) for retirement and I will make it my personal mission to get us there!

2. Aneemal33

Aneemal33 Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Minnesota
    All of the places listed are amazing. This country has too many incredible places to visit to narrow it down to one, but I'll give it a go.

For me it would be a week on the west coast on a beach on the ocean. At least with a PUP if it happens to be in California, I can pack up my ish and leave after the week. I won't be stuck there! :p

3. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Alaska

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Believe it or not, am happy camping here in Florida , I have visited most state parks in Fl and all but one was great. The weather is usually great for camping, when not I can turn on the air or if to cold the heater.

5. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Elk Prairie Creek Redwood State Park....the DW & I love this campground very much. We have been camping there 3 times since 2014 and would like to go again next year. Giant tree forest is the key and shaded trails is another. Weather--only 53-70 F in Aug.

6. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE and NH
    I’ve not yet camped in the Pacific NW up into Alaska, so that is probably the closest thing to a dream trip for me. (I’ve been there, but just on business travel.)

I’m hoping I will not have to wait another ~10 years for retirement in order to make it happen. ;) (My plan is to consult my way into retirement, with larger and larger 'gaps' in between consulting gigs as the years go by. I keep trying to tell my wife/CFO that I'm retired every time I'm between gigs and we're traveling for fun, but she just rolls her eyes at me.) ;)

7. tdiller

tdiller Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Alaska, Washington (state) and Oregon. Then I will have visited all of the states reachable via land. Hawaii will have to be a flight or cruise.

8. CAmZay

CAmZay New Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Southern Nevada
    Southern UT/ Northern AZ/ Southern NV/ CA Mojave Desert. I love being outside in those places so much that I moved my family to be in the middle of all of them. Now all are within a few hours of our home!

9. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    I've been fortunate in my life that I've been to a lot of the places mentioned in this thread. Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks along with NW Wyoming (outside the National Parks) in general have clearly been the highlight for me. The top of my list currently is Monument Valley in northeast Arizona/southeast Utah. Like Yellowstone NP, Monument Valley has been on my radar since I was a child. I grew up smack dab in the middle of the Continental US (Manhattan, KS) but have always liked the west. I think it might be because of all the western movies and TV shows I've always enjoyed.

Having said all that, I've really enjoyed reading through the thread and looking up new-to-me places others have talked about. [:)C]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017