PopUp Gizmos Setup

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by PopUpSteve, Mar 25, 2011.

1. kurtes

kurtes Reno, NV

Jun 7, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Thanks Steve! I was looking at these, I even emailed the guy and he said he should have them for my pup. I don't know if I'll need the high wind gizmos or not but I usually lean toward overkill.

2. OUTOFHERE

OUTOFHERE kid, wife , keys --- were are the keys

Jul 10, 2010
    KURTES just used the gizmo's on a pup without air they definitely made a difference if you can afford them get them

3. kurtes

kurtes Reno, NV

Jun 7, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Thanks, we don't have air either and if we can't get a spot in the shade it can get a bit toasty!

4. 5Patricks@13

5Patricks@13 New Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Our PUP roof has styrofoam insulation lining it. How/Where would I attach the velcro to the inside? Any ideas that don't include drilling holes? Not sure if gluing would be enough......

5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Well, I think the PUGs have Velcro on both sides so you could sew small sections of Velcro to the canvas I guess, but I wouldn't compromise the canvas if it's less then 10 years old.

You don't have to use the Velcro. The bungee straps of the Supper High Wind PUGs will hold it down to the canvas without any problem.

6. kurtes

kurtes Reno, NV

Jun 7, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Mine came right after I ordered them, that guy is quick!
    He told me he didn't think I needed the velcro so I took his advice, I also bought one of his cooler covers. It hasn't been too warm here lately, I hope to get to test these Gizmos out soon, I'll post some pics when I do!

7. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We put Velcro under the roof end, three pieces on each end, self-adhesive industrial weight. We discovered one of the hook pieces had stayed attached to the PUG when we took them off the last time. [I followed the usual Velcro habit most sew-ers use, which is that the plush part goes on the side that will point toward the body, or in this case, on the part we will be handling.] We may end up stapling the hook part to the pup.
    Dealing with all those shock cord ends, which is very worth it for stability of the PUGs, got old for me really fast. This is what we're trying for this season:
    [​IMG]
    new gizmo set-up by kitphantom, on Flickr
    The shock cords will stay attached to the rings, which might also reduce tangling as we fold and put them away. (We don't have enough space to leave them on the bunk end, we sacrificed that for memory foam mattress toppers.)

8. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    kitphantom, I love the way you did that. I'll have to try that next time out.

9. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    Thanks for posting that! I am thinking of getting the high wind PUGs as well and was wondering how they attach under the bunk!!