Possibly going to the dark-side NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by bob barnes, Jul 14, 2017.

1. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    I am shortly going to have a pretty serious back surgery my 2nd in 2 years. I have an A-Liner Scout but I don't know if I am going to be able to lift the sections thus the idea to start searching for a 13f or so fiberglass trailer.

If any of you spot a nice fiberglass rig of this nature please let me know. I am not looking for anything fancy thus I suppose I am cheap! We do a lot of boondocking so too much added equipment doesn't interest us!

thanks

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    My neighborhood had a Casita. It was a really nice trailer. His was larger than 13 ft, though. It was about 17 ft. It was their top of the line model.

bob barnes likes this.
  3. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    Yep that s in the 20k neighborhood too much for me! I am thinking 5 to 6k area poor people have poor ways!

4. bsandey

bsandey Active Member

Jun 9, 2005
    SE Minnesota
    Here's a site that has small, molded fiberglass campers for sale all over the country. https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/

There's a couple Scamp trailers that don't look bad (from the pictures, at least).

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/for-sale/1977-13-scamp-trailer-5400-luling-tx (I don't see a battery on it, but that shouldn't be too difficult to install.)

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/for-sale/1997-scamp-13-lawrence-ks-7950

You could also check Craigslist or eBay, and keep an eye on anything that might show up there.

bob barnes likes this.
  5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Tabs are nice little TT`s specially if you can find the larger size..

6. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    I don't think my back will allow me to make all the contortions to get into a tab but I have seen the larger ones very pricey for what you get!!

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Tabs are similar in size to your Aliner ...

8. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    I will probably go with a scamp, boler something in that range and price!!

9. bsandey

bsandey Active Member

Jun 9, 2005
    SE Minnesota
    I think you're thinking of the "T@G". The T@B is a larger format, with indoor galley, some a wet bath, and room to stand. But they are also pricey - I've seen some that were loaded out for over $20k.

bob barnes likes this.
  10. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    I saw one of those at Grand Canyon last year ask the guy what he paid 30k. Ouch!!!

11. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    I really don't care if it has a bathroom we boondock with a 13f that would give us more living space when the wx turns bad otherwise we are out on lawn chairs enjoying things. I havent had the DW see if she can erect the A-Liner if she can its a deal breaker for us. I have been reading F/R is now using a lift to raise the top but they are having problems.

We only have 3800.00 in our A-Liner now so we will see!!

12. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

13. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    I don't think I am willing to shell out that sort of money for an airstream not to say I don't like them but too tight!

14. Carlsbad

Carlsbad Member

Aug 19, 2014
    I have the F/R A-Frame with a lift. It's probably gone up and down 100 times and not a single problem. I give it a little help when it gets started, but it goes up just fine on its own.

bob barnes likes this.
  15. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    sounds good I was reading F/R website and some bad comments!

16. ready123go

ready123go Member

Aug 14, 2016
    bob barnes likes this.
  17. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Mar 11, 2010
    Can you and the DW work together and raise it up? good luck with the surgery....hopefully it will fix the back and you can keep the camper

bob barnes likes this.
  18. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    I have seen those also seem to be well built I am thinking 13f casita I have found a couple but who knows. I want something small and easy to tow those 13 footers may fill the bill. I really don't care what brand!

ready123go likes this.
  19. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

People with injured backs may prefer separate bed and table, not the table converted to bed since you may hurt your back by changing table into bed.

20. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    we leave our bed set-up at all times for these reasons!!