Post upgrade comments - No Complaints

Discussion in 'Hey PUP Staff, Let me tell you what I think!' started by mpking, Mar 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JustMePatrick

JustMePatrick Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I tried this, and did this to me as well.

2. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

Jul 31, 2004
    Van, Pennsylvania
    Apparently, I don't check in often enough anymore. I typed in the URL and had no idea what I was lookin' at !! LOL !!! I was just thinking today how it's about a month before I generally get my pop up out of my Mom's garage and figured I'd check to see what's been going on here. The past couple of years I've been concentrating more on backpacking and more primitive camping. Winter camping has become a passion and a buddy and are are in the middle of planning a 21 mile/3 day backpacking trip in the Allegheny National Forest. Well.... hey...... I'll be checking back to see how this upgrade progresses. See ya around !! IMG_3522 as Smart Object-3.jpg

3. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    Not happening on my iPhone or iPad.

4. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

May 21, 2010
    Sutter Creek CA
    I'm also on iPhone and iPad. Does not auto log in on an email reply either.

5. vermeire

vermeire New Member

Aug 19, 2016
    I can't help but think that getting rid of Tapatalk access is a step backwards technologically. Mobile friendly software is great but it is still more inconvenient navigating a forum with a browser than Tapatalk.

arthuruscg likes this.
  6. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    I don't get emails I just keep it on safari.

7. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

Mar 12, 2011
    I like the new site, I don't see the Wagonmaster board or Log on the fire board though

8. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

Mar 12, 2011
    for some reason wagonmasters board just pop up for me:grin:

9. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Yea that is a regular forum for now. I hope it is reverted back to just WM access. But we'll see!!

10. threebeachboys

threebeachboys Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Thanks for your work on the site! Not sure why, but when I click on a topic or change pages, everything will open up just fine. But in addition, I get several tabs that open up with the "The webpage cannot be displayed" error. . . . . I just close 'em and move on. But kind of odd, so I thought I'd "report in". :smiley:

11. Haybale

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Best thing yet, I am unsubscribed from the music thread!!!

12. jharahush

jharahush New Member

May 15, 2014
    Golden, CO
    I am normally annoyed by changes like this, however, I have to say that I think the forum looks great on mobile devices now. I used the browser on my iPhone last week when I couldn't log in through Tapatalk and I probably won't bother with Tapatalk anymore, since the forum is now easy to navigate on a mobile device.

13. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper

This is becoming very annoying. I used to have to log in about once or twice a year because I shut my computer off or something like that. I now have to log in 6 times a day, this is getting stupid.

14. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Jan 28, 2015
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Not sure why you are having an issue with this.
    I clicked the keep me logged in box when I logged in first time and it has done that.
    Using Firefox V52.
    Have you blocked all cookies, as it will require a cookie from the site to remember you?

15. Wrenchgear

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    I wanted to respond to you, Antipodes, but I was logged out again. I haven't blocked any cookies. I logged in again and clicked the box to keep me logged in, we'll see how long it lasts, (again). Thats about the fourth time today. Next time it happens, I'll get my son involved, he'll figure it out.

16. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Central, IL
    That's crazy Wrenchgear. Haven't had any issues like that on the pc or phone. Hope you get it resolved as that would be really annoying.

17. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Jan 28, 2015
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Not sure if and what you have tried Wrenchgear, but suggest deleting the browser cache and deleting cookies.
    Of course this will just make you even more mad as it will delete any saved logons for any other forums or things you connect to also. So only do this if really frustrated. Maybe wait until your Son is available?

18. mpking

mpking Active Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Raynham, MA
    I had a few issues exactly like that the first couple of days. But then it stopped. I did notice it was more prevalent when I opened many tabs of the site (I like to open a tab for every active thread I've got going). I haven't stopped that behavior, but it stopped logging me out.

Point is, you aren't imagining it. I just don't know why it stopped for me.

19. Haybale

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    I had it happen once or twice in the first few days, good since.

What mode are you viewing this in? I'm on my chromebook but view via mobile layout.

20. Wrenchgear

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    Ok, So I just logged back in again, grrrr..... I'm on my home PC, I don't do any Portal on the phone. I'm in regular Popupportal mode, not mobile mode. I haven't been on all evening, and now I come back to it, make about 2 clicks, and bingo, I'm logged out. Son is downstairs in bed, I'm not getting him up now for this. I'll get him to look at it tomorrow.