Post upgrade comments - No Complaints

Discussion in 'Hey PUP Staff, Let me tell you what I think!' started by mpking, Mar 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ST Dog

ST Dog Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Rocket City, USA
    Clicking the Home button sees to do weird stuff.

As long as I don't go to the home page I stay logged in.

2. mpking

mpking Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Raynham, MA
    I have Figured it out!

When you click the Home button, you goto popupportal.com
    Not www.popupportal.com

The cookie looks like it's issued from www.popupportal.com and when you goto popupportal.com you "appear" logged out.

I'm off to PM Steve...

BelchFire and ST Dog like this.
  3. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Mar 7, 2012
    All these changes....I wonder what is in store for tomorrow??[:D]

4. Lloyd B

Lloyd B Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Columbiaville, Michigan
    Mine too, I know that I am older than dirt, but not quiet as old as my profile says.

5. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    I still can't change the location under my profile name. I was hoping that some of the qwerks would be worked out by now. On the plus side, I haven't been logged out automatically in about 4-5 days, so thats a good thing. Thanks for how that got fixed.

6. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Your profile still says you are 116 years old. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if it's true!

7. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    Most mornings when I'm crawling out of bed and getting ready for work, I feel 116 years old. Everything is seized and all my bones are creaking and cracking, Ugh! I'm really only 105. :)

Lloyd B and ST Dog like this.
  8. jash1178

jash1178 You can't fix stupid!

Nov 21, 2010
    North Carolina
    I MISS TAPATALK!!!! [{:)]

9. unclemark

unclemark Overland Park, KS

May 15, 2014
    I don't. I like the upgrade on my phone too.

kcsa75 likes this.
  10. jash1178

jash1178 You can't fix stupid!

Nov 21, 2010
    North Carolina
    Happy for you

11. Curious.... I am on some other forums that are using the XenForo software and there are Tapatalk posts on them. I haven't followed the whole thread, but kind of wonder why it's not available or activated. Is there a licensing fee for running it?

12. crackerJack

crackerJack Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    Yes, it was covered. Evidently it was a ripoff.
    I really like this mobile version much better.

13. How is it a ripoff? I don't see any real explanation in this thread, or any reason why it's not supported. Just curious, as I know it's convenient for some users.

14. ST Dog

ST Dog Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Rocket City, USA
    The forum has paid advertizers.
    The forum paid TT to show those ads.

TT didn't show the adds properly, showing other ads instead.
    The forum didn't get the revenue from the ads.

unclemark likes this.
  15. unclemark

unclemark Overland Park, KS

May 15, 2014
    Many months ago popup Steve, proprietor, announced the end of tapatalk here, but users begged him not to unplug it until a replacement had been implemented for accessing the forum from a phone. It's probably safe to assume that the popup portal upgrade's phone-friendly screen layout was partly intended to be that replacement.

16. arthuruscg

arthuruscg Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Well, I think this is my first visit since Tapatalk was removed. I don't know how often I will be coming back. A big part of the reason is the stupidly bright colors picked for the forum. The forum is electronic not on paper, so why the white background? The dark "nighttime" theme on tapatalk is very pleasing to the eyes.

This is not the only forum I am writing off due to the color selection. CruiseCritic updated their theme to an even brighter color palate and refuses to implement a darker color selection. The admin there told off a big group of us that were even offering to create a dark theme.

So, I will check form time to time for a dark theme, but until then. So long and thanks for all the fish.

17. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    How to I remove the statement under my sign on name? I have gone to "personal details" but there is NO reference anywhere on that page to what is under my name. Do others have this problem?