Pull Out Shelves

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by XKPin, Mar 4, 2017.

1. XKPin

XKPin There's no situation so bad it can't be made worse

Oct 28, 2016
    Gloucester, Virginia
    Part 1:
    Now that Meteorological Spring is here it’s an excuse to re-provision my pup’s necessities for more favorable weather conditions. Thought I would share some pictures of the cabinet shelves mentioned in a previous post.
    Two years ago I downsized to an 8-foot Pup. Not for everyone, but great for me and the grandkids or me and my Lab. As NegrilJerry mentioned earlier, space is everything! Yep, these shelves are more money than leaving it stock, but priceless if you’ve ever needed to look for batteries or a weather radio after darkness closes in! They come completely assembled and four screws secure the shelf to the floor - or box in my case.
    I installed a 12-inch by 18-inch Rev-A-Shelf ($34.06 + shpg) under one of my seats. It would have been easier to enlarge the cabinet opening and replace the door but I opted for a small storage box beneath the pullout shelf. I made a wooden box to store my battery charger and extension cord and mounted my shelf to the box. I’ll use the charger every other blue moon but they remain handily tucked out of the way. The shelf pulls out fully so I don’t have to stand on my head and peer into the darkness or dig for that faraway stowed item.

Attached Files:

2. XKPin

Oct 28, 2016
    Gloucester, Virginia
    Here is the second picture:

Attached Files:

3. XKPin

Oct 28, 2016
    Gloucester, Virginia
    Rev-A-Shelf Part 2:

Where my refrigerator used to be, I installed a fixed white wire shelf for stowing stuffables like wash clothes, dish towels and small personal items.
    On the floor I installed two smaller pull out shelves ($29.92 each, shpg free >$50), instead of one larger one because of the variety of kitchen supplies. Keeps them neater. The shelves can be pulled out individually or as a pair.
    Should you choose to purchase these Rev-A-Shelf drawers, make sure you check the web. These are available at most home do-it yourself stores but at an enhanced price! Also my cabinets are 18-inches deep and shorter than those I’ve seen stocked at local stores.
    Spring brings summer and I’m tired of the cold!
    Heck, I know these are expensive and not a necessity, but they were fun to install and any excuse to fuss with my pup is a good time for me!
    Happy camping all!

Attached Files:

4. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    nice!!

5. XKPin

Oct 28, 2016
    Gloucester, Virginia
    . . .sorry about the repeated posts. A little trouble with the internet. Sometimes I wonder why I need to go camping at all since I already live out in the sticks! Here is the second pic of the shelves:

Attached Files:

6. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

Great job in utilizing your space. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Camping... [ALPU] [PUT]

7. Jenkamus

Jenkamus Active Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Surprise, AZ
    These are great! Our PUP came gutted so we have to rebuild all the cabinets, I was thinking of using pull out drawers to keep things organized, great to see some pictures of it [:D]

8. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    I really like how you created a small hidden space under the first shelf. Given that the shelf is wire based, it's not as hidden as it could be, but you've definitely given me a useful idea. (cue the evil Bela Lugosi laugh here) [LOL]

9. XKPin

Oct 28, 2016
    Gloucester, Virginia
    . . .you know, [}:)] I thought about a hinged top to the hidden space, with a velco latch for holding it open. . . . Maybe a place to keep valuables [;)]?

10. Riveyman

Riveyman Member

Apr 15, 2014
    NC
    Very Nice, I like it alot!

11. tls2971

tls2971 Active Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Lexington, KY
    These are great! I am thinking of rebuilding my cabinets too and the pull out drawers would be a great addition.

12. carriermnky

carriermnky Member

Jan 9, 2017
    I just got a few IKEA drawers and I love that no slam rails. I'll be wanting those for additional storage for later after I've camped and got the feel of where I really want things to be. Have you seen those?

13. XKPin

Oct 28, 2016
    Gloucester, Virginia
    Very nice idea especially for those with the room.