PUP Door Security/Safety

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by niagarafam, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    I just keep my popup locked for non-professional thieves. I take risk in locking because thieves may cut expensive canvas to get the door unlocked. better yet leave nothing valuable inside that could be easily seen. put away phone chargers, fancy stuff to remove temptation to steal. Hire a ghost to protect your popup.

2. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    I would like to see them get into this:

Attached Files:

myride, kf4hoq, Orchid and 1 other person like this.
  3. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Eastern Idaho
    [​IMG] :D

Maycat, myride, kf4hoq and 1 other person like this.
  4. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Thats not a Knife.
    [​IMG] Now thats a knife:D

5. tombiasi

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    Those toothpicks wont cut through my unobtanium lining that can withstand 50 cal. machinegun fire without blinking.

Maycat, kf4hoq, Orchid and 1 other person like this.
  6. Halford

Sep 28, 2011

I like your bowie. I have several. got one at 17 inches, another 16 inches.

7. Halford

Sep 28, 2011
    you sure its not a short sword?

8. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

IDK I was just playing out a line from the movie Crocodile Dundee. Besides swords are two handed Knifes are one handed.

9. Halford

Sep 28, 2011
    That's why I bought a few Bowie knives because of that quote from Crocodile Dundee.

jnc likes this.
  10. GatorChamp44

GatorChamp44 Member

Mar 16, 2017
  11. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    With our TT, the screen door does not have a lock. For some reason, after having pups with a door handle I could lock from the inside, I'd like one on the screen door. Our friends who went directly from a tent to a Casita think it's funny, they don't bother locking their outer door most of the time.
    Any lock is only going to discourage the opportunistic bad guy, or the person lost in the campground, but it would be nice to latch the door. No such luck, so far, every idea we've had has be stymied by the shape of the door and the (narrow) frame.

12. tombiasi

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    I wonder if they sell locks for Japanese rice paper walls?

Maycat likes this.
  13. GatorChamp44

GatorChamp44 Member

Mar 16, 2017
    We all know that the if someone wants to get into our camper they absolutely will. That being said, I'm confident that at least some troublemakers (dumb teens, casual snatch and grabbers, etc) will be deterred by a locked door. There have been multiple times in my neighborhood where a group of kids will walk down the street at 3 am and just test door handles of cars. They don't smash the windows. My neighbor left his door unlocked and his car was broken into and they took his cell phone charger. My other neighbor down the street has a nicer truck (with his doors locked) with some of his work tools visible in his seat and they didn't hit him. I know this isn't completely apples to apples but I do think a lock serves some purpose. Especially in a popup campground where there are usually a lot of people outside.

Edit: typos

14. tombiasi

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    It does serve the purpose that you describe.