Pup sink and shower drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by milkman72, Apr 1, 2014.

1. milkman72

milkman72 New Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Drain issues

Sent from my VS840PP using Tapatalk

2. milkman72

milkman72 New Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Am having some queries with my drain for the shower in my pup. The drain is on the front passenger side and is a threaded 1.5" drain abs plastic..
    The sink drain is regular pvc also 1.5"draining from the drivers side. It was suggested to use a sump pump drainage hose for each drain to go to the sewer at the campground. An still having done issues putting it all together....
    Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Factory installed everything. Shower is combo with cassette toilet. Standard factory sink. 2008 Rockwood freedom model 2280....
    Thank you[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS840PP using Tapatalk

3. RainH2o

RainH2o New Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Houston Texas
    I have the same problem did you ever figure it out?

4. crackerJack

crackerJack Active Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    OP hasn't been on the portal in 3 years.

1 1/2" female thread x barb adapter, hose clamp, and 1 1/2" sump pump hose. Locally, Ace Hardwares carry the barbed fittings.

5. RainH2o

RainH2o New Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Houston Texas
    Thanks for the info, So do I just put a barb on both pipes (shower and sink) then run them to a t and then from the T to the sewer ?

6. crackerJack

crackerJack Active Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    Two options
    A) Repipe the drains under the camper with pvc or abs permanently. Tie them together with a tee and stub them out one side of the camper for hookup to flexible sump pump hose to site sewer.

B) Pipe the drains together on the ground with sump pump hose temporarily, during setup. Tie them together with a tee and route to site sewer.

Option B is more labor intensive every time you setup. But it is not very complicated. A bag of sump pump hose sections, a tee, some couplings, elbows, and hose clamps. Depending on the site conditions, tie them together and route them to the site sewer tap. Use the grade, or rocks or logs to get something close to slope on the hose. For a few days, it's not a big deal if the slope isn't perfect.
    Anyone can be a "Rockstar" Plumber with some hose and barb fittings!

XKPin likes this.