Quality Comparision Forest River Rockwood vs Jayco Sport

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by love2travel, Jan 26, 2017.

1. love2travel

love2travel Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I am new to pop up world and though I am everywhere on forum with many questions. Now I have another question. We are considering new pop up and kind of balancing between 2 specific ones:
    Forest River Rockwood 2280 BHESP vs Jayco Sport 12 UD
    Both are nice, and have things that we like it or not like it but can live without. Both have similar price, and in this case we would like to go with quality.

Which of those two pop ups speak rather for quality?
    Appreciate all comments
    Thank you!

Tracy D. likes this.
  2. Tracy D.

Tracy D. Member

Jun 24, 2016
    London, Ontario
    Good question! I would also welcome opinions on this very subject.

3. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    According to the manufacturers, each is superior to the other. However, everyone uses the same appliances. I have been in side both Jayco (owned by Thor Industries) and Rockwood (owned by Forest River) and find them to be more or less equivalent from a stand point of quality control.

So really it comes down to which layout do you prefer? Layout, in my opinion, is really what most people find is what makes them love their Pup. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  4. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

May 17, 2014
    A good deal depends on how well the individual unit was assembled. When considering a specific unit, start at top and work to bottom, checking things like roof alignment when lowered, consistent mounting of hardware side to side, and sealing of outside parts such as windows, access hatches, lighting, plumbing and water . Look underneath- are all wires, gas tubing and water lines well secured and up out of the way? Inside, check to see if all the screws, bolts etc. intended to secure stove, reefer, furnace, sink, and what have you were installed. Remove the drawers- check same as appliances. Are the cabinet boxes securely fastened to floor and walls? Also check trim on furniture items.

The son of a friend works for a major Denver RV dealership, going through newly arrived units as above. He gets particularly irate about missing and incorrect fasteners. This fellow suggests spending a couple of hours going over any unit you want to buy, and listing any problems on the sale papers as to be corrected within 30 days.

Good luck! Enjoy your new experiences!