Quartz Flat

Discussion in 'Montana' started by Unstable_Tripod, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

May 20, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    This 52-site, FCFS Lolo NF CG is on I-90 in western Montana, 10.1 miles east of Superior. It's at 2,900 feet of elevation and has no hookups. The campground is located on both sides of I-90 adjacent to a Rest Area at Milepost 57. All roads and parking pads are paved. Loops A and C are on the westbound side while Loop G is on the eastbound. A tunnel under I-90 connects both sides. Loop A is great for trailers because it has pull-throughs and long level parking aprons. While the other loops have vault toilets, Loop C has a flush toilet, dump station and shorter parking aprons (13' X 42' average). Threaded spigots are scattered around all of the loops. Separation rather than vegetation provides fair privacy between sites. Ponderosa pines provide some shade. The cost is $10 per night so I paid $5 with my Senior Access pass.

There is some traffic noise from I-90 but we were in the farthest loop from the freeway (on the westbound side) and didn't hear much of it. It was 99F when were stopped but we didn't care after driving 436 miles. We had our choice of sites because the place was nearly empty. The host said it rarely fills except on some weekends. While this is certainly not a destination CG we found it quite adequate and pleasant for an overnight stay while in transit.

I forgot to photograph our campsite so I have no images of Quartz Flat.

2. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review. Hope your trip continues to be a good one.